"Dangerous Planets"

I think there should be a mechanic in the game that makes living on / mining the higher tier worlds actually difficult. As it stands its pretty easy to just ignore all the creatures as you can just run past them and “grapple run”. When the game launches and the only place to find a super rare material is on “tier 5 super hard planet” I don’t think I should simply be able to dodge stuff until I enter a cave and can safely mine. I’m talking the acid fog on Vulpto melts your tools kinda stuff. This would be a more specific detail to add to the game so I understand if you were planning something of the sort it would be closer to the bottom of the stack.

2 Likes

Yeah challanges that isn’t just enemies would be nice, some interesting discussions about this can be found here:

And a couple of nice ideas about it have been brought up here:

2 Likes

I really like the idea of acid rain and other weather effects you actually need to hide or take shelter from (or go out in and get a boost from). I think there’s something in the pipeline for this as well…

but as you mentioned, I also think it could be closer to the bottom of the stack, as I see it as more of a balancing feature.

2 Likes

acid melting tools would be fine as an incentive to make tools resistant to acid like diamond or whatever…

but without it as more than a motivation to stockpile health items, i find it redundant

I like the idea of worlds with low (or high) gravitation, or biomes with different forces, maybe objects with pull/push forces.

This could potentially be something that keeps a small part of the economy active though - something that hunter/gatherer types can also contribute to and gain reward from.

I like the idea of a different gravity - being able to jump 5 times the normal distance would be cool… not so cool with higher gravity though, as jumping is only about 1.5 blocks high anyway. Maybe slower movement in higher gravity, although I find normal walking in game quite slow as it is.

5 Likes