[Dead Post] Release 247: Sovereign and Creative Worlds!

I’ve seen several people mention they wish they could plan some vacation time around this.

I would definitely be included in those numbers but alas. I already took a day off when I thought this was originally coming out…like a month ago?

6 Likes

i just hope this Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait time hasn’t destroyed the Boundless experience for me , haven’t been able to go back for months now , getting so disappointed in lack of info and hyped content that never shows up.
I’m a 40 year old man but this is the first game i have followed like this , so it might be normal or worse in other games , but i feel that a so dedicated fan base should not be taken for granted by the devs.
if this week dont start a sovereign era , i think i’m to disappointed to continue.
Love the devs for all the time i have been lost in the Boundless universe ., but its like being married to the most beautiful person in the world but they dont want to speak to you.
sad ego rant over

2 Likes

I think players need to also consider that their could be some time between requesting a rental planet and it actually appearing. The planet has to be paid for, generated, and then placed in the universe. Personally I would expect up to a few days between the request and the planet appearing. In particular at the beginning of the process when there could be a large influx of requests.

7 Likes

Agreed 100%. Especially when we have no info about the amount of control or any of the details of things we may or may not be able to request with the purchase. Each level of customization, if any, will surely add to the spin-up times.

I’m sure James, Luca, and Ross can navigate and manipulate world builder far better than I can but there’s still a non zero time cost.

2 Likes

Ohhh and of course #blamejeff <3

1 Like

Got ya covered! (for the most part anyway!) - I’m sure there will be a few things anniversary related to add to these as well…

As much as I want the update to land as well… I don’t want them sitting on it for a week or two, just so people can have advance warning, I’d rather they just release it when it’s ready.

3 Likes

Still so many unanswered questions in those posts though. I’d really hope whatever @james posts in the placeholder will have more than just anniversary details as additions…

I mean, thanks for linking the testing notes? Those don’t pass as notes for the release. There are dozens of questions just off the top of my head that are completely unaddressed in those notes. They say nothing about pricing. Nothing about how you purchase a planet. Nothing about what control one has when they do. Nothing about the ability to re-roll planets if you get ****** resource allocation. Nothing about how you buy codes to extend worlds. Nothing about how those codes are delivered. Nothing about whether the lua scripting they introduced a while back will be available on either sovereign or creative worlds. And, oh yeah, nothing about when this patch is dropping.

1 Like

I think you’ll find, for the most part, they do - they’re literally copied across from the testing release notes into the live release notes. Check the Releases category if you doubt me on that one.

You are correct though, much of what you have mentioned has not been addressed yet.

I do wonder what would be more favourable in the communities eyes though… promise a date of release, everyone plans around it and books time off work etc., devs have to crunch like crazy if development slips for any reason, something game breaking prevents that release date being hit… community is in uproar… “you said it would be this date grrr”… “I booked time off work for this grrr” etc. etc. etc.

One difference I have noticed from being a web developer… I generally know how long something is going to take, because I’ve done it few hundred times before, so can confidently set a delivery date. From a game developer perspective, most of what they do has never been done before, so it makes much more sense not to set the community expectations with a fixed date, to avoid that uproar, and then only let the community know as soon as there is something concrete to tell them.

That said, I definitely would also like to know about prices and some of the other details you mentioned about how the purchase process works etc. before release. I guess that depends on whether it’s been finalised yet though.

6 Likes

I’m retiring this release note post - and will create a new post for the actual release notes.

(No clue which category it suitable.)

16 Likes

There not a Event Category (O.O)

3 Likes

Def need an event category. Players could use it too for tournaments, build contests, etc.

8 Likes

Okay everyone we now know for sure, this release ain’t coming out, it’s dead…

What do you mean that’s not what he meant? So it is coming out? OK, when?

2 Likes

Well I for one appreciate all that you’ll do. I’m eager to see what this new release brings.
Thanks again!

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone doesn’t appreciate everything the dev team does. They just really want more transparency.

3 Likes

Yep. We used to have really lovely open communication…

6 Likes

Ahh but didn’t we ruin that by being a lot of things we shouldn’t have been? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Did we? As far as i knew it was because James got tired of people being critical and decided no news was better than some.

3 Likes

People will always be critical of news, no matter what. I long for the days of open communication once more, at least knowing what is planned for the game. I haven’t logged in for a bit, but still keep checking back to see if there’s any news regarding systems and mechanics I want information on as well as any news on whats to come, but I keep getting disappointed by the lack of news and communication. I want to know what is coming down the pipeline, what is planned.

6 Likes