[Dead Post] Release 247: Sovereign and Creative Worlds!

James after posting this then unlisting it :joy:

8 Likes

Shut the front door.

3 Likes

For anyone that feels the need to spam Steam and try to see if the update has been released constantly, check out SteamDB for Boundless: https://steamdb.info/app/324510/depots/

That site is going to update with the info on the update before your Steam will. You specifically want to be checking out the ā€œBranchesā€ section. Once the ā€œpublicā€ branch updates, restart your Steam and you should get the update right away (sometimes it can take a hour+ before the Steam client detects updates).

The staging branch has updated at least twice this post was made, so they definitely look like they are doing some last minute testing and bug fixes.

7 Likes

Saā€¦ Saā€¦ Saboooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

We all be like giphy (5)

6 Likes

When does the sovereign worlds be available for pc and how much do they cost?

came for the title. stayed for the memes :+1:

2 Likes

giphy (6)

@majorvex Couldnā€™t help myself your rubbing off on me!

1 Like

7 Likes

Anyone else quite literally dreaming about this update?

5 Likes

Yeah, kinda driving me nuts. I really want to move my base to a sovereign and even plan to take a few days of vacation to build it as soon as we got the info when the update releases.
I just hope theyā€™ll reveal it before wednesday due to the vacation planning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right there with ya, I want to get our guild world and start building again. I know many of us are waiting and itā€™s driving us all nuts. At least an ETA would be nice at least. I want to take a couple days off too to get established in our new world but not planning for it because at this rate it seems like it could be a day, a week or another 4 months. This is insane.

2 Likes

Impatient ā€¦
ā€¦ We are not impatient at all :innocent:
We are still hanging out strong
ā€¦ We just need another PLACEHOLDER

2 Likes

(Sorry, not sorry.) :laughing:

MORE-PLACEHOLDERS

9 Likes

I am going to bet that we are waiting 3 more days till their anniversary for this update.

I for one will watch for the update but will no longer be playing until it is released.

My entire base storage and workshops have been put in storage for reclaim when Sovereigns do come out. I just canā€™t build and am all mined out.

I may get on one more time for the current exoā€™s trees, red rock and possibly a couple hunts this afternoon and then I am done until Sovereigns.

I have also noticed tgings are not selling as fast and decreased playership over the past couple of weeks. Was on last night and it felt like no one was on or very little! I am assuming everyone else is waiting for Sovereigns and bot playing until then.

Everyone is likely in this same boat. I know I am. I have nothing to do until these come out.

3 Likes

Yeah, kinda. I know atleast one person who already wiped a base to rebuild it on a sovereign just to find out that the update wasnā€™t there yet. ^^
I just keep stocking up on building material and power coils until the patch is outā€¦ I just hope that weā€™ll get atleast an ETA for proper planning but in the end I prefer a clean version over a rushed one.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, James and company prefer to keep things VERY close to the vest. I would not expect any kind heads up or warning of any kind from the devs as to when this patch is going out. They will simply push it and weā€™ll find out about it only once the notes are provided.

Sucks for us and the community at large but itā€™s how they choose to do things. Most games have patch notes in the works long in advance and you know the exact day and time of a patch WAY beforehand so you can plan and get hyped.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen several people mention they wish they could plan some vacation time around this.

I would definitely be included in those numbers but alas. I already took a day off when I thought this was originally coming outā€¦like a month ago?

6 Likes

i just hope this Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait time hasnā€™t destroyed the Boundless experience for me , havenā€™t been able to go back for months now , getting so disappointed in lack of info and hyped content that never shows up.
Iā€™m a 40 year old man but this is the first game i have followed like this , so it might be normal or worse in other games , but i feel that a so dedicated fan base should not be taken for granted by the devs.
if this week dont start a sovereign era , i think iā€™m to disappointed to continue.
Love the devs for all the time i have been lost in the Boundless universe ., but its like being married to the most beautiful person in the world but they dont want to speak to you.
sad ego rant over

2 Likes