Death Penalty Poll And (a bit heated) Discussion šŸ˜‰

Yes, I think an option like that would be great.

1 Like

You could choose, Respawn at Home with a lower penalty, or respawn nearby with a higher penalty, right?

you allways can warp to your home beacon, no matter of distance, you just have to pay. But when doing this you can got to negative coin value, so itā€™s allways possible even if blank.

What if you were to abuse this penalty and die to get home without paying warp costs.

I wasnā€™t saying you couldnā€™t get home, I was saying if you spent coins to get away from you home planet and died, to get back to where you warped to, you would have to pay.

1 Like

as a third option may be (back to portal/warp location with half penality) :wink:

1 Like

Portal Builders already has portals all over, itā€™s not like traveling to new planets costs much anymore haha.

But letā€™s say you spend 2k credits to go to Alcyon, farm for 20 hours, get lots of goodies, and itā€™d cost 2k coins to get back home. You jump in lava, get teleported back home. You could just require the 2k cost in coins to do so.

Warp back to nearest beacon for 2k coins, or respawn nearby with 10% penalty?

True there are portals everywhere, but some players may have homes high in the sky, deep underground, or in remote places. But paying average warp cost to be teleported back home would work. @CreativeWorlds

think the only issue with a flat credit cost is for someone with 100k+ 2k isnā€™t much of a penalty,maybe if it was 5-10% of your coin you have?

1 Like

Yah, that makes sense, but I figure if youā€™re good enough to have 100k coins, you probably have a base nearby or a portal to Alcyon alreadyā€¦

If I could edit polls I would, but it sounds like, at least from those who responded, that nobody seems to have an issue with lettinā€™ us choose which penalty to take.

Seems like a good compromise, especially for the times when we are killed by game bugs.

2 Likes

options are always better :smiley:

3 Likes

@CreativeWorlds well it certainly beats the old durability hit we had to deal with,definitely have a good idea and you should suggest it on the suggestion forum page if you can find it,who knows the devs might like the idea atleast.

2 Likes

We already got this goinā€™ so I wonā€™t flood the forum :P, I just updated the OP with a second edit to let people know where the discussion got so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this ^

having no risk takes some of the fun out of itā€¦ b4 this penalty you took 25% damage to ALL equipment on your personā€¦ 4 deaths and everything was trashā€¦ unless you used skill points to remove itā€¦ so almost everyone took the skillsā€¦ and then dying meant nothingā€¦ it was kind of boringā€¦ and it was lame that you had to tie up soo many skill points to avoid a very harsh penalty

2 Likes

Want a lower exp penalty :wink: take the epic and cut it in half.

This isnā€™t creative mode, it is a survival game. There will be penalties for death. This one is extremely passive and easy to resolve.

Honestly, it is all in your head :stuck_out_tongue: statistically it isnā€™t a big deal.

Even in my 40s I doubt I had a death penalty for longer then an hourā€¦it is easy to removeā€¦especially with the epic.

2 Likes

We should avoid argumentā€™s like this, because I can use that same argument against those who want the penalty, if you want a challenge, just imagine one, after all, itā€™s all in your head :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think people keep skipping my OP edit and all the previous postsā€¦

Thanks for the comment though.

1 Like

Respectfully, You make it sound like a huge amount of people (more than have even voted total at this point, actually) are unanimously in agreement here and thatā€™s not the case, at least not for me. Not that youā€™d deliberately be misleading, right??

Little history fact, that was actually exactly the original death penalty before durability damage death penalty. It was universally abused as a ā€œfree warp homeā€ for anybody who wanted to return to base after a long trip gathering resources. It only really punished people for exploring and was little more than an inconvenience if you played in groups, since you could just warp to friends if you died when playing with others.

4 Likes

Did you read all the posts in the discussion before posting?

Yeah I did. Thatā€™s why I replied. Why would you assume otherwise?

1 Like

Because you posted this, in response to my idea about warping back to your beacon for death, when if you had read, youā€™d know the conversation evolved into agreeing it could be abused, and that institutinā€™ a coin loss could help prevent the abuse.

My thinking had evolved on the issue after 30 posts, but you deliberately chose to quote an early post, an made an argument on it.