Decrypting the Oortphabet

Thank you very much. It wouldn’t have been such a big deal for me if it was at least on fb and twitter^^
But if it wasn’t intended then it’s ok for me^^

1 Like

yep, that is also what I got … the first and the last sign (the solo points) where like the beginning and the end of the Sentence (like the , bla bla bla " of spoken text in novels) :smile:

So is anyone building this out on the wiki yet? :smile:

1 Like

Best I could do (just jotted on my whiteboard) until someone can do a fancy one.

Although, I just checked my messages… I may have another couple to add :wink:

5 Likes

Hint: Look at my usercard on here now… Thanks Oort Elves!

Squidgy, you’re fantastical!

From your name two letters more:

2 Likes

Haha did you come into my bedroom and take a photo? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to start getting things together for the wiki. I’ll put my hand up to do it!

So you now know how to write Oort, in Oort.

2 Likes

Depending on your rules, I have a different answer. (But you might still be right depending on what you included / excluded.)

1 Like

My name is

1 Like

You need to work on your hand writing. :wink:

Yeah. :disappointed_relieved:
But how about his name?
I speak this
:oort::oort_u::oort_p::oort_d::oort_exclaim::oort_start::oort_s::oort_apost::oort_e::oort_s::oort_h::oort_space::oort_j::oort_e::oort_space::oort_e::oort_s::oort_h::oort_y::oort_o::oort_space::oort_e::oort_t::oort_i::oort_h::oort_space::oort_m::oort_y::oort_a::oort_g::oort_k::oort_h::oort_i::oort_h::oort_space::oort_f::oort_r::oort_a::oort_n::oort_c::oort_u::oort_z::oort_s::oort_k::oort_i::oort_h::oort_space::oort_b::oort_u::oort_l::oort_o::oort_k::oort_space::oort_d::oort_a::oort_space::oort_v::oort_i::oort_p::oort_e::oort_y::oort_space::oort_c::oort_h::oort_a::oort_y::oort_u::oort_stop::smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

The only thing I wonder now is: How does the Oort language (2x2) work with the cube form that has a 3x3 board to work with?^^
Or am I missing something?

5 Likes

May be it is like the Hiragana and Katagana of the japanese Language … Two different fonts, same pronouncing: One used for native words, the other for foreign ones — and just forget the Kanji in this calculation ^^)

3 Likes

maybe but it wouldn’t make sense for me to have that in Oort^^ I mean you’d have to go out of your way if you wanted to write the one we just deciphered^^

or the signs on the cubes are not letters but symbolic (like “Fire”, “Water”, “Power”, …) … Then it is the kanji equivalent :wink:

3 Likes