Decrypting the Oortphabet

It is but how are we supposed to write in letters?^^

Just posting this here, It needs a clean up, but it was a quick entry! http://oortonline.gamepedia.com/Language

My first go at writing in Oort in Oort^^

1 Like

:oort_start::oort_h::oort_e::oort_l::oort_l::oort_o::oort_space::oort_s::oort_q::oort_u::oort_i::oort_d::oort_g::oort_y::oort_exclaim:

:oort_start::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_space::oort_f::oort_o::oort_r::oort_g::oort_o::oort_t::oort_space::oort_stop: :oort_exclaim: :oort_stop: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In English, you don’t need to use the . if you use ! or ? :wink:

so start and stop arent “”? and more like " and . ?^^

Start is something completely… Oortian. They work in mysterious ways.

The stops seem to be like our grammatical concepts of . ? !

Ah thanks for clarifying that. That makes a lot more sense than “”^^

It is as if someone had actually thought about it all… :laughing: :black_joker: :hankey:

1 Like

I’m going to have to get a new tattoo now aren’t I…

3 Likes

:oort_b::oort_e::oort_n::oort_space::oort_i::oort_s::oort_space::oort_l::oort_o::oort_v::oort_e:

:oort_b::oort_e::oort_n::oort_space::oort_i::oort_s::oort_space::oort_l::oort_i::oort_f::oort_e:

1 Like

you can use oort_space for a space^^

Wiki updated to reflect things we have learnt.

1 Like

:oort_start: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_k: :oort_i: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_space: :oort_o: :oort_f: :oort_space: :oort_a: :oort_space: :oort_p: :oort_a: :oort_i: :oort_n: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_o:
:oort_w: :oort_r: :oort_i: :oort_t: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_t: :oort_space: :oort_l: :oort_o: :oort_n: :oort_g: :oort_space: :oort_s: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_t: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_c: :oort_e: :oort_s: :oort_space:
:oort_w: :oort_i: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_stop: :sweat_smile: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

:oort_start: :oort_j: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_r: :oort_a: :oort_g: :oort_o: :oort_n: :oort_f: :oort_l: :oort_y: :oort_stop:

:heartpulse: :oort:

:oort_start: :oort_b: :oort_y: :oort_space: :oort_r: :oort_e: :oort_a: :oort_d: :oort_i: :oort_n: :oort_g: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_y: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_space: :oort_h: :oort_a: :oort_v: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_g: :oort_i: :oort_v: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_space: :oort_m: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_e: :oort_m: :oort_p: :oort_o: :oort_r: :oort_a: :oort_r: :oort_y: :oort_space: :oort_c: :oort_o: :oort_n: :oort_t: :oort_r: :oort_o: :oort_l: :oort_space: :oort_o: :oort_v: :oort_e: :oort_r: :oort_space: :oort_y: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_r: :oort_space: :oort_m: :oort_i: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_exclaim: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

yea…what you said :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No but you help everybody memorizing the alphabet^^

I’ve found the easiest thing to do is

1. type out your message as you normally would
  2. type out “: :oort_
  3. cut/copy : :oort_
  4. paste between all the letters and replacing the spaces with oort_space
3 Likes