Decrypting the Oortphabet

:oort_t::oort_o::oort_p: :oort_k::oort_e::oort_k:

yea that’s probably the fastest way^^

:oort_start: :oort_w::oort_h::oort_a::oort_t::oort_question: 0.o :oort_a: :oort_n::oort_d::oort_space::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_space::oort_f::oort_o::oort_r::oort_g::oort_o::oort_t::oort_space::oort_t::oort_h::oort_e::oort_space: :oort_start:

1 Like

:oort_start::oort_a::oort_n::oort_d::oort_space::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_space::oort_f::oort_o::oort_r::oort_g::oort_o::oort_t::oort_space::oort_t::oort_h::oort_e::oort_stop:

:oort_o::oort_r::oort_space::oort_exclaim::oort_space::oort_o::oort_r::oort_space::oort_question::oort_space::oort_b::oort_u::oort_t::oort_space::oort_y::oort_e::oort_a::oort_space::oort_m::oort_y::oort_space::oort_b::oort_a::oort_d:^^

:oort_i: :oort_space: :oort_r::oort_e::oort_a::oort_l::oort_l::oort_y: :oort_space: :oort_l::oort_i::oort_k::oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_t::oort_h::oort_i::oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_l::oort_a::oort_n::oort_g::oort_u::oort_a::oort_g::oort_e: ^^

:oort_start::oort_t::oort_e::oort_r::oort_c::oort_e::oort_l::oort_space::oort_r::oort_e::oort_p::oort_o::oort_r::oort_t::oort_i::oort_n::oort_g::oort_space::oort_i::oort_n::oort_stop:

:oort_start::oort_exclaim:^^

:oort_start: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_s: :oort_o: :oort_space: :oort_c: :oort_o: :oort_o: :oort_l: :oort_stop: :smiley:

:oort_n: :oort_y: :oort_u: :oort_u: :oort_d: :oort_l: :oort_e: :oort_s:

I think it’d be great if we could find ways to memorise this alphabet with references like
:oort_a: =
but with something more appropriate D:

:oort_start::oort_s::oort_h::oort_a::oort_m::oort_e::oort_space::oort_o::oort_n::oort_space::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_stop::oort_start::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_space::oort_w::oort_r::oort_o::oort_t::oort_e::oort_space::oort_y::oort_o::oort_u::oort_r::oort_space::oort_n::oort_a::oort_m::oort_e::oort_space::oort_w::oort_r::oort_o::oort_n::oort_g::oort_exclaim:^^

Quick question @james: Is :oort_start: for every sentence or just if you start writing something?

1 Like

:oort_start: :oort_o: :oort_h: :oort_space: :oort_n: :oort_o: :oort_space: :oort_i: :oort_t: :oort_space: :oort_s: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_l: :oort_i: :oort_k: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_n: :oort_u: :oort_d: :oort_e: :oort_s: :oort_stop: :flushed:

1 Like

Nobody is 100% sure, but it seems from the ancient material discovered that it starts every sentence, like a reverse full stop.

2 Likes

Now here’s a test. How do you pronounce:

:oort_o::oort_o::oort_r::oort_t:

in Oort tongue?

I’d say it’s like latin^^ nobody knows and everybody says it as they think it’s right xD
At least until we find any audio recording left behind by the oortians.

1 Like

:oort_start: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_c: :oort_h: :oort_i: :oort_l: :oort_d: :oort_r: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_space: :oort_h: :oort_e: :oort_e: :oort_d: :oort_space: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_r: :oort_space: :oort_c: :oort_a: :oort_l: :oort_l: :oort_stop:

:oort_start: :oort_a: :oort_w: :oort_a: :oort_k: :oort_e: :oort_n: :oort_space: :oort_a: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_c: :oort_h: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_s: :oort_k: :oort_y: :oort_stop:

1 Like

UUUWHA thats a quick guess

Can anyone give me a quick explanation?
I can’t bother to read everything here. :laughing:

an explanation on what exactly?^^

I’d like to know how it got decrypted and how people type with it.

Ah well. We got some samples of the language from james. I think Birne was the first one who worked it out what every symbol means.
If you mean exactly how it was decrypted. Try and error xD Or that was at least for me the case.

You can find a translation table on the wiki. And you write it in the forum with: “:oort_”