Decrypting the Oortphabet

When you’re typing stuff click the smiley emote and scroll through the sections till you find Oort language. It’s under the smiling poo tab. :hankey:

Thanks man.

1 Like

You can also mouse over each symbol to see what letter it is

1 Like

http://oortonline.gamepedia.com/Oortphabet

1 Like

Well thanks for giving me credit even though I was a little late to the party^^

:oort_start: :oort_w: :oort_i: :oort_l: :oort_l: :oort_space: :oort_w: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_s: :oort_e: :oort_e: :oort_space: :oort_t: :oort_h: :oort_i: :oort_s: :oort_space: :oort_i: :oort_n: :oort_space: :oort_g: :oort_a: :oort_m: :oort_e: :oort_question: :oort_stop:

:oort_start::oort_i::oort_space::oort_w::oort_o::oort_u::oort_l::oort_d::oort_space::oort_s::oort_a::oort_y::oort_space::oort_s::oort_o:^^

@ben, Will we see an official oort font released? If not, I may have a new project :smile:

1 Like

im challenging myself to read all of tehse without looking at the letters

Just memorize the vowels, E and A are very easy to recognize to me, so I can usually tell what the whole word is just by placement.

ive memorized the L, E, A, V, O, I, teh start and teh stop

I can send you the one I made if you want :wink:

YESH :shard:

I posted the Oortphabet on the Wiki if people need a quick reference.

1 Like

Yep, we’ll be doing this at some point.

There’s a trick to remembering the vowels, which makes sentences a lot easier to understand (look at the shape of them)

It’s curious to me that Oortian has a ‘C,’ which (in English) mimics either the ‘S’ or the ‘K.’ (Or to put it another way, Oortian has the same symbolic mapping as English, instead of something completely different.) English has five vowel symbols, but minimally nine vowel sounds. :oort_start: :oort_k: :oort_y: :oort_u: :oort_r: :oort_e: :oort_e: :oort_u: :oort_s: :oort_stop:

Well, how about comma?

Is that the reason certain combinations aren’t in use (yet)?^^

Hey, oorthers! Can we create some palindromes?
:oort_y::oort_a::oort_d:
:oort_e::oort::oort_e:
:oort_m::oort_a::oort_g:

3 Likes