Decrypting the Oortphabet

:oort_start::oort_i: :lester::oort_a::oort_m: :lester::oort_t::oort_r::oort_y::oort_i::oort_n::oort_g: :lester::oort_t::oort_o: :lester::oort_m::oort_e::oort_m::oort_o::oort_r::oort_i::oort_z::oort_e: :lester::oort_a::oort_l::oort_l: :lester::oort_t::oort_h::oort_e: :lester::oort_l::oort_e::oort_t::oort_t::oort_e::oort_r::oort_s::oort_stop:

2 Likes

Used lesters as spaces :stuck_out_tongue:

:oort_start::oort_x::oort_d::oort_stop:

:oort_start::oort_l::oort_m::oort_a::oort_o::oort_stop:

1 Like

Hard smiling
:oort_c::oort_c:
:oort_start::oort_apost:
:oort_d::oort_y:

So, are all you sign builders retrofitting your signage with Oort characters?

The issue with doing that right now is that to properly differentiate letters like :oort_h: , :oort_k: , :oort_m: & :oort_t: one would need at least a 5x5 square per letter, and a 7x7 would be better
that gets BIG fast
which doesn’t mean that people won’t do it or make big signs in the future
But I’m hoping for smaller options

what we need is Oort alphabet blocks! Or a way to craft them so we can make the letters appear on blocks :smile:

1 Like

Why not 3x3? Admittedly, 5x and 7x make the proportions for the gaps better…

It’s hard enough to read it with proper proportions :sweat_smile:

1 Like

3x3 is enough so you can read it properly^^ you just have to make good contrast.

Not quite what you’re discussing - but I did an experiment into a micro version of the text rendering. The below image is the first few paragraphs from oortonline.com (before anyone goes crazy translating it!!)

2 Likes

You know us pretty well xD But I think we would have seen what it is after the first paragraph xD

Oh and it looks cool!^^

If anyone wants some text rendered into an image just let me know the message, background colour and font size (in pixels). For example:

3 Likes

About using the text and glyphs in the game.

1. The game will know how to write the text for names, msging, signs, etc.
  2. We have a solution for embedding the glyphs into the standard blocks.

So once released you’ll have a way to collect and share them in your builds and environments.

6 Likes

Today you’re telling us just one good news after the other xD

Are you planing to update oortish with complex letter and digraphs, like ae (æ), ch (ч), sch (ш), dz (џ), th, zh, wh, sz, eau? You have few free oortish symbols for that :slight_smile:
Or may be we can imagine handwriting/callygraphic font

I mean why should we use symbols for that if we can write it as a combination of what we have already? ae = a + e?^^
And it would be to much because every language has different ones^^

With transparency. Looks cool!

3 Likes

Can you also render it vertically?