Decrypting the Oortphabet

Sure. I could do that. [Starts adding the code.]

I meant more like if you can already do it or it doesn’t take to long to add.
For example my profile picture would use the vertical name of myself^^ (Only Kuma if you do it, please)
The square shape just lends itself to build/write vertically.

It would be awesome if the letters could be part of the magic system, like if you want to throw a fireball (to keep it basic) you might yell :oort_start: :oort_f::oort_i::oort_r::oort_a: (Fira) it would be very impractical though… but for longer things or stronger attack that you need to channel (if that is even going to be a thing)

But in general having certain words in oort language make an effect (in terms of lore you could say its communicating with the land around you which might be alive) kinda stuff. titans if they are made by the oort people might be these huge things just covered in oort glyphs which is what makes them work :smiley:

Start and end characters feel a little strange. (You could always cut them off.)

1 Like

is it flipped left or right? (think its left)

You’ve lost me? Is what flipped?

The text is was horizontal, doing it like that means you flipped it from horizontal to vertical, however it would be 2 very different sentences depending if you flipped it right (meaning right side is the bottom) or if you flipped it left (meaning the right side is at the top) no?

EDIT: just realized im a moron, i read it sideways and not vertically, my bad.

But they seem more distinct than horizontal. makes it easier to read what is really letters^^

2 Likes

omega doesn’t fit at all. And like I said what’s the reason they should do something like that? I don’t see any pros but a lot of cons.

2 Likes

Haha, took me a while to read it. I’m a bit new, but thanks for the practice!
P.S. Love the message :smile:

Was curious how the start and stop would be used in vertical…

Maybe something like this is more suitable?

:oort_start::oort_t:
:oort_space::oort_e:
:oort_space::oort_r:
:oort_space::oort_c:
:oort_space::oort_e:
:oort_space::oort_l::oort_stop:

1 Like

they could always just make start the lower right corner and stop the upper left corner. So it would be suitable for horizontal and vertical writing^^

Yes Please!! Jenndragonfly or just Dragonfly would be awesome! the font size you used and purple or the background? thank you!!

:lester: :sparkling_heart: :chester:

You know…
Something that is missing is Numerals: 1234567890
as it is now we’d have to spell out every number
and while there were languages that did that they are all very old

:oort_start::oort_s::oort_a::oort_m::oort_e::oort_exclaim::oort_stop:

I think the numbers are represented in glyphs rather than letters. I’ve not definitively proven it yet, but it’s the best supported hypothesis out there right now.

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/decrypting-the-oort-glyphs/2215/4

1 Like

Taadaa!

woooohooo! thank you @james you are the best!! xoxoxoxo

1 Like

Practicing my Oortian (sorry in advance for handwriting) Edit: the last character should be :oort_exclaim: not :oort_question:

2 Likes