Dedicated Server

Will there be Dedicated Server that i can run on my own machine aviable in future? If it so i want to buy the game.

5 Likes

I can host my OWN server on my OWN machine in 1.0 or later, right?

Well that is kinda what defines the term Self hosted server

1 Like

This is excellent! Can’t wait to start a Self Hosted! :smiley:

No, this is not excellent. The own hosted server needs internet. This is â– â– â– â– . Game is died for me.

Well, sorry you feel that way. But considering this game is pre-alpha still, perhaps a game mode that doesn’t require internet is possible. IMHO though, the game is pretty much oriented to be a community experience, thus networking is a fundamental requirement. I can also appreciate though how those with internet issues would like a solo format. Finally, no need to cuss. Keep it respectable and respect will be reciprocated. :wink:

In alpha version is it good to need internet. But the devs said in version 1.0 the game needs internet when you host your own server. Thats not good for me. I will play the game without internet when i drive with train or when i am in hotel.

Think there is a language barrier here - the “Self Hosted Servers” are self hosted, you can run them where ever you want. For example, on your own computer - on a train or in a hotel.

3 Likes

I think he’s asking if there will be a single player “Offline option” to have your own personal world without any internet connection.

Where do it say self hosted servers need an internet connection?
I cant find it.

1 Like

https://steamcommunity.com/app/324510/discussions/0/135508489633956610/

Ok, thanks.

Um, there must be a language barrier here, because a server implies online. LAN or offline modes are what I think you are asking for.

Agree with Havok it seems what you are actually asking for is an offline mode or a LAN mode, not a dedicated server mode. A dedicated server mode is like hosting your own server, which requires an internet connection to broadcast and retrieve data. You can’t run any dedicates server program on a computer that isn’t online, the program will yell at you to get an itnernet connection, at least that is my experience (yes I have tried).

self dedicated servers could be hosted online,LAN or offline mode. self dedicated servers could have survival or creative modes. just to add more interests :slight_smile:

My FAQ answer is the authority.

3 Likes

when can we rent Official Public Boundless Servers? :sunglasses: