Delete shop scanner

I feel like the shop scanner update is rendering malls even more useful and user friendly now than they ever were. Malls can be pretty hard to navigate and find what you are actually looking for, the shop stand update actually helps going to the different beacons that are offering what you are looking for. I know I was always only going to the same 3-4 stores when I wanted to buy something, now I visit way more shops, because I can see that other people are offering what I need to buy.
I think this update really helps the economy of the game and also helps the newer players find things that they need/want to buy!

17 Likes

Hate shopping and all the wasted hours I spent searching for stuff. I didnā€™t like running a shop because I felt like I was wasting peopleā€™s time when I couldnā€™t keep it stocked and they came to look for things. Now I can do both in a way that is beneficial to both me and people buying.

13 Likes

Since the scanner went live, iā€™ve seen more footfall. Iā€™ve discovered a multitude of shops i never knew about before. Iā€™ve actually visited malls because despite some being 70% dead, i now have the scanner to lead me and i can easily ignore the dead areaā€™s.

This update is harsh on people who used to sell WAY above market price. This update is fantastic for anybody trying to make an honest living and for those who shop a lot.

While this isnā€™t the typical content-update that hopes to attract a lot of new players, this update does increase the QOL by a ton.

Most importantly however:

If you are losing footfall and see a decrease in sales, try to look at your prices and location, before you blame the update.
Because this update has caused people to shop MORE. So if theyā€™re not going to your shop, youā€™re either hard to reach or you sell your wares for bad prices.

21 Likes

I would argue the difference. I have done more running to shops than ever before.i make sure to step on all kinds of builds on my way. I am spending more now than I did before it came out.

6 Likes

shop owners just adjust prices to get more customersā€¦shop scanner must stay.

11 Likes

I havent used the scanner yet but i think you hit the nail on the head.

4 Likes

At first I was getting no sales. But as people are starting to use it more Iā€™ve seen an increase in sales again. Which is pretty nice. Because Iā€™ve started making money again. Iā€™ve been able to put more money in my baskets so other people can make some too. I also like the ability to see where my prices are compared to other store. I like to stay in the top ten for things Iā€™m buying and selling. Btw still buying sap at 5.1c with now about 50k in the baskets at the tower of power. (Shameless plug)

4 Likes

I was never a fan of the idea, mainly because of the probability of people dropping prices over time to points where nobody else could compete - mainly aimed at people who have waay more time to play and thus can afford to sell their time cheaply.

Since the scanner has come out, i havent really seen this (yet) to any significant degree. I have however noticed a significant increase in the efficiency of my shopping trips; and it has certainly benefited store owners who arent necessarily in the most prime spots or have the largest portals at your local hub.

Sometimes, Iā€™d rather pay 15% more on a trip via portals i know, but now i am much more aware of my options and use them that more often.

So as a reasonable person who had his doubts, i approve of the scanner sorry.

19 Likes

Yah I feel the same way.
Yesterday my shopping list was 500 reactive lamellas, 500 pulsating orbs, and 200 spitter eyes. 15 minets and I was back in my workshop prepping to forge.
Last month the same list took me hours. Iā€™m sure I ended up in the same shops I would have but it saved me tons of time. Iā€™m a happy shopper.
Iā€™m just glad we didnā€™t do a universal AH!

14 Likes

Idk how high of a number ā€œmany playersā€ is, but try having them price more competitively and not release ALL of their product in a day. They can sell their product at a lower transaction rate to bring the passive footfall income back up

4 Likes

Also I have had better footfall and more sales since the update. Thatā€™s good to.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve spent more coin since the shop scanner came out. And Iā€™ve also made a lot more coin from my shops as well. Itā€™s had a positive effect for me.

4 Likes

This is me exactly. Iā€™ve used the baskets to make millions since it was released. I wanted to be a part of the economy but I wasnā€™t going to waste my play time running for hours to find items. That is the definition of not fun.

Likewise I have:

A) used those millions to warp far more often and use portals less,
B) buy what little amalgam there is on the market so the few portals I have are dealt with even less,
C) quit forging as much because I like exploring exos so buy more forged goods instead of self forging,
D) buying far more foods/brews since Iā€™m crafting them less myself as a result.

7 Likes

I donā€™t see a need to delete the shop scanner. It benefits most players.

(Is there a way we could separate forged tools in general from basic tools in the shop scanner?)

10 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, my good friend, but I think that this update benefits everyone, finally capitalism ends in the game, all those who sell at exorbitant prices will stop swelling pockets and the currency is distributed to more people and not always to same, I think it benefits the price adjustment, now the one who wants to sell expensive, will not sell anything and the one with a reasonable price, will start to grow economically, but more slowly, it is better to sell cheap and have many customers, than to sell very expensive just having customers who own the currency, without giving new people a chance to get that material, I think it benefits those who usually leave the game for abusive prices, which until now, we have suffered all, a few who have wanted to line up At the expense of others, it is a game, there should not be so much capitalism, more cooperation and help among all, you get the currency in many ways, not only with abusive stores, not even the steps, now with the machine na of coins, you can get a good slice, of course it is more laborious, but it is logical

7 Likes

Just for the record, freedom of pricing information doesnā€™t end capitalism. But youā€™re right, it does benefit more people though. Haha

11 Likes

Ive only started shopping again because of the scanner. I spent 150k this weekend only because i dont have to waste a whole night trying to find my 4 specific ingredients for not crazy prizes. Otherwise i just put out request baskets for everything i need and wait 2-3 days for somebody to cash in.

Naturally there will be a shift in where the footfall goes. Some people will stop coming to your shop if you dont regulate your prices. And for those with the cheapest prices, those are only at the top of the list while they have stock. And i bought all the stock of what i was looking for each time.

This scanner levels the field for small backwoods hovels versus the city shops and malls. If your getting no footfall, your shop is overpriced and your build is not exciting. Just sayinā€¦

8 Likes

It seems like the folks against the shop scanner are just annoyed because people have options nowā€¦

6 Likes

before
you go always to the same shop, often it was the most expensive shop or you find no shop for what you need

now
you nearly find alway what you search, and often you find it on a shop far outside off every city. now you can make your shop outside off a big city too and not only in a bug city. now all people have the chance to sell something not only the big popular shops

I play this game since 2015 and I have 2k hours on it. you cant destroy the economy more like before. This game has far to less people. and the small shops outside a city has now a chance too. and you cry because some footfallā€¦ the most shops has before this scanner NO footfall and sell nothing

3 Likes

As stated above, if you arenā€™t getting footfall itā€™s because your shop isnā€™t attracting people. Figure out how to attract customers and your problems are solved!

3 Likes