Dev Q&A Video #1 - Question Submissions

yes tehy will while it was Still funded by backers mainly they had a pre order rank that was around 17 Pound

Nope, it will be around 25 dollars. (mentioned by devs several times atleast)

We actually haven’t made a firm decision on this, things could change considering new platforms. No worries for forum-ites though, you’re all in :wink:

4 Likes

Apologies, just thought you mentioned that.

you plan for it to be cheaper or more expensive than now? also do you plan to have ps4 accounts and pc accounts seperately or is it just one account you buy and you can play it on both?

1 Like

Oh yeah that right ^.^

I confused it shortly with another game.

Since this is reopened, I want to know everything there is to know about the idea of blueprints and how they might work.

Mainly explain this in more detail.

5 Likes

On that note I’d also like to know about possible machines/mechanisms we will be able to build sometime and the blueprints of these machines.

The Quote is from the Playstation blog

[quote]Create amazing sandbox contraptions like people cannons and
hyper-efficient crafting machines, and then sell copies of the
blueprints to other players so they can create them too.[/quote]

1 Like

@dave mentioned something a while ago:

I definitely like this idea of logic gate blocks that are connected with some actuators (similar to redstone in Minecraft just with compact “CPU” blocks)

1 Like

Would you tell us a little about how the MMO’s infrastructure operates?

But i think, something like electricity might ruin the atmosphere of this game. I feel the same about guns and stuff, everything, that is quite modern. Just imagine what it would be like if there were solar panels or power generators :disappointed_relieved:

Oort style … pardon Boundless style generators would be the most awesome thing ever^^ I have no doubt the devs will give them a little twist^^

1 Like

You say that now, but I don’t know if you’re very familiar with the Oort lore yet. The Oort are the ancient race of extremely technologically advanced explorers responsible for creating the tech that the tribal races use. There is no “magic” in this universe, only relics left by the Oort. Power systems and technical blocks would all fall under the category of relics or immitations, thereby fitting snuggly into the lore of the game.

5 Likes

That was me ^-^ , i think XD

Im wondering about ourselves in the game, the plot reminds me of borderlands or even enders game, why are we destorying the only thing left by the ancient oort? Will we ever find an ancient oortian? Is thier a place where they come from that we will get to?

1 Like

That is probably true (i haven’t bought that game yet)
But i had this picture of a modded minecraft with electricity in my mind and it was definitely not fitting in the videos i’ve seen so far from oort/ boundless. Of course it would be great to create different mechanisms, but i still think something like the electricity from “real life”, which is used to power something like a microwave could destroy the atmosphere a bit. That was what i meant with my post, not something like a trap, a hidden entrance or a trampoline, which was built by the players.

To be honest I always quite liked how big Redstone contraptions looked in Minecraft and hope that Oort/Boundless will go for something similar (maybe,as already suggested in the thread I linked, with pipes):

A working/playable 2 player blackjack machine I built and hopefully can translate into Oort/Boundless at some point.

I´m also quite afraid that many people will be disappointed with their expectations of atmosphere ingame. After all it´s a voxel game so there will be plenty of players that build pokeballs, memes, etc.

5 Likes

Any idea when we might have this party now that the trailer is over? I’m really excited to see this.

2 Likes

When is the vídeo going up?

How do feel abot this comunity on the fórum? How do you feel about the current development of the game? Do you feel you get the enough support from us? What do you want to do for this game in terms of DLContent?

Will there be any higher level portas for higher level worlds? Will there be a new realm like (comparing to minecraft all the time bugs me but) the nether realmente In minecraft?