Flat offline World for/and Blueprints

What’s wrong with a seperate offline single player client? I see no harm in it.

that the entire game is build around being always online and the entire fundament is that you draw constant data from the server?

1, it’s called using your imagination
2, there are programs and mods that make it so you can get a blueprint from a minecraft build and there are also separate programs that can do this (even one called MS Paint at 8X zoom) this is clearly something you already know as your first post HAS a blueprint picture so just use whatever you used to make that

i think its good idea to be able to make blueprints like this that could convert to the blueprint blocks that they have talked about.

i am completely useless at building anything, i simply cant imagine something cool. so being able to buy blueprints from good builders would be nice.

2 Likes

The idea of blueprints and a flat small world for making them is good. I think there may be a market for architecs ingame. so why not. May be that you can “watch” a blueprint by traveling into it to have a look. So you can get a feeling for it and decide if you want to buy it or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

blueprints are actually one of the features I’m most excited for.
The way I think they will work best is if when in a beacon you switch into blueprint mode, where you have unlimited of every block, and can place and interact with blocks like they’re actually there. When you exit the mode you are left with a set toggleable outlines that indicate which blocks go where, that anyone can place the proper blocks into (regardless of beacon privileges.)

1 Like

well, may be you should add the option about privileges for it .Some people want to build it on their own to be able to say “WE BUILT THAT!!” :wink:

I think you misunderstand, I’m talking about blueprints specific to your property that other can help you build, but I think you guys are talking about blueprints that could be sold to others.

yeah, why not having the option to save the bp and sell it as an item (or copy it)? :wink:

Well you know, if you type in “Blueprint Minecraft” into Google, you will get the exact same pictures on the first site… What even makes you think I made this pictures?

I’m not sure how to answer this, cause I think you either dont get what an Blueprint is and how it looks like or you try to make an fool out of me. Well… either way, please don’t answer if you think thats an bad Idea or even hate the Idea. If you dont understand it just ask.

Exactly what I was talking about. I also think there should be an option to make an not-editabel copy of your blueprint to sell. That would be awesome ^^

But sure you are not abel to make an Copy of an Copy, so noone can buy it once and sell more copys of that on his own.

That sounds awesome! I really like that Idea! But for me, I think its better to have it like an object, one that you also cn place on a Tabel or a Wall to have it s decoration. That would make it an Double use! But with your Idea, you wouldn’t need the Singelplayer World ^^ Maybe there IS an way to implement both, Architecks can use the mode to create Buildings, will be abel to build it, print it ontu an blueprintpaper (or however it’s called) and sell the blueprint!

I’ll add my old idea onto this thread if you don’t mind. It’s about blueprints also.
http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/blueprint-map/

2 Likes

It’s not my fault that you can’t figure out how to make the pictures you posted
I did type “Blueprint Minecraft” into Google
and I found 3 separate programs to make a blueprint image like that in less than 5 minutes

and imagination is simple
Minecraft has a lot more blocks than Oort so you pick similar blocks and use your imagination to compensate for the dissimilarities

and don’t you tell me to shut up if I disagree with you
I have every right to voice my opinion
At no time did I say that just because you have a different opinion than mine you should just shut up and not talk about it!

3 Likes

true words …

dude. be nice. you are awfully rude even in your previous comments and his response was justfied to some degree, you are allowed to voice your opinion but that DOES NOT mean you can say whatever you want without consequences, okay?

it is a good idea in some ways, its to keep these things ingame, they have planned blueprint blocks so it would be a nice extension, ‘‘use your imagination, it’s simple’’ yeaaah… no. i for one suck at building and think it would be pretty neat if i could ask a friend to make me a blueprint i could place on the ground for a house.

so please. breathe, calm down, and lets stay civil.

I fell like you just wont accept the thing that Minecraft is used as example, its not the thing bout blueprints but that I compare it with Minecraft, what was one of the Inspiering games for Oort Online btw.

Imagination is simple? Well not everyone would agree with you, I do, but that doesnt matter. The thing is, and that is what I think you just wont understand or accept, that it is impossible to make an blueprint how I descibe it, through another Game.

You dont understand my Blueprint Idea or how it works, cause I’m talking of an Blueprint that is an ITEM and not just an DRAWING or PICTURE for you to look at and thats it. Sure you could make Blueprints in MC and add the rest by hand or digital or however you think it would work, but that is a lot more work + you wont have the Blueprint Ingame, and thats the important diffrence between what you and I are talking about.

To be honest, for me, it seems like you didnt even think about how you could use those incomplete blueprints ingame. If I’m wrong with that please tell me how you think you culd use them.
For me its seems, like I already said, like you just hate Oort Online being compared with Minecraft. If thats the case, please, leave, thats not the right thread then. I compare it with Minecraft cause I think its the best Game to compare it with in that case. Nothing more. Not because I want an second Minecraft or something else.

You didn’t, and I didn’t told you to shut up. All I’ve been saying, was that it makes no sense commenting in an non helpful or even funny-making way.
I’m sorry if that was offending you, but you upset you because of a completely trivial thing…

You know, I’m also offended of you making fun of me, because I’m using Minecrtaft as Example.

BE NICE EVERYONE :sweat:

I try to… But Ben, what do you think about Blueprints? How do you would like to have them? Or are there any plans yet?

We’ve talked a little bit about blueprint blocks in the past, but they’re probably a ‘later on’ feature. The aim is for blueprints to be an in-world item that encourages group building, not a tool or an editor to make building easy. This is what we have on the website:

“If you’re a born creator you can even place Blueprint blocks for your friends or other players to fill in. Blueprint helpers will receive gold for every block contributed.”

2 Likes

I was just voicing my opinion on the subject and I wasn’t mad at all until

This is you saying to not voice my opinion if I disagree with you
that does make me mad

Yet I understand that sometimes people write things that sound OK in their heads but can be read wrong
If you didn’t mean it that way then I forgive you

Also if anything I said caused offense I didn’t mean it that way and I’m sorry

Back on topic:

I think that this kind of thing would add unnecessary complexity to solve a problem that can just as easily be solved through a myriad of other methods
including paying someone to build your structure for you which would add to the economy of the game

basically what I’m trying to say is
some things need a top down, “Developer, fix this” or, “Developer add this to the game” approach
but
some things can be solved bottom up, organically by the players just playing the game and using their abilities as humans to solve problems
I believe that this issue is one of those bottom up ones

1 Like

@drthmik
Sure you can pay someone to build something, but you can also just pay for the blueprint, the thing is that not everyone wants to build the same house over and over again and if it is big, you wont maybe have to time for that. With the blueprint the Person can just do it by himself.

Also its an awesome Decorative Item for Architects or for an construction site. You walk around that construction site cause noones there and you can see an blueprint with an picture of the Building thats is going to be at this place, it would be quiet cool. And Architects could just show inside their houses what buildings they made, maybe they are new and cool or they are known by the most people.

Its not like you should do this instead of pay for someone to work. By the way, someone who made an blueprint could also use that to build for others instead of selling that. It’s hard to remember every single block of an building you made anyway, even if you wont sell them, blueprints are an must have, in whatever way you use them.

1 Like