Dev Q&A Video #1 - Question Submissions

The names are only placeholders don’t worry^^

1 Like

when is this happening?

How will the player spawning system work? When we die where will we respawn?

1 Like

if the worlds are finite they must have a minimum surface lenght so it doesnt seem that round right? or can there be a world of only 10 cubes? also, is the world round or cube-shaped? and if we dig all the way to the ground what happens? do we go all the way to the other side of the world? how does it work when you are reaching the center if you can?

i don’t know if this video already happened or not but:

will we be able to see other worlds in the night sky or day sky as we are in on the surface of a world? thats too complicated right? i think any of us would ask you guys to do this but im curious if we can

and also: are there going to be anything related to constelations?

The worlds are mathematically donut shaped but ingame they just wrap, you can’t dig through the core. The world has a certain height and that’s it.

I would say the minimum size of the world should be the maximum render distance. So you can’t see yourself again (or maybe even multiple times^^)

3 Likes

oh ok so you are saying it just loads more world like, “deletes” atr our back and regenerates at our front right?

Worlds hosted by Wonderstruck are finite, and are generated in such a way that you seamlessly wrap around once you get to the “edge”. Walk in a straight line and you will eventually end up back where you started

However, the game engine does support “infinite” worlds (up to computational limits), the same way Minecraft does it. Those just require a lot more disk & RAM, so they’re not well suited for MMO style worlds

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

And again, when will it be released on PS4, or at least a beta. (i know i’m being redundant)

AFAIK there wont be a PS4 beta ^^

1 Like

They said they are exploring options for a PS4 beta. Not sure what came of that though^^

1 Like

As far as i know, there isn’t any official word on a PS4 Beat, but i sure hope there will be.

Not at the moment (afaik). You can walk infinite into one direction (which @Saint_X did) which caused a lot of migration problems in the past (eg. on Civini).

No, there is a minimum size that must be adhered. If there won’t be one, the world would not be “spherical” eighter because the worlds are only “mathematical” round and not in real (visual).

Please stop asking this question again and again. As long as there is no C++ build there can’t be a PS4 release. And even if the C++ build (beta) is out, it won’t be a PS4 beta. Unfortunatly you need to wait till (or close to) Version 1.0 for a PS4 Version (or beta).

1 Like

There are now invisible world walls preventing this behavior, though they are a temporary feature.

Lol, of all the people to say not to ask something again and again, you’re one of the last I would have expected!
Of course there will be a PS4 beta, but it does not look like it will not be public like the PC version. @HueJanus don’t expect to see B< on PS4 until the retail release.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information :slight_smile: didn’t know that they are already live.

i like to suprise people :smiley: only joking :smiley: i’m saing this because there is a CLEAR deadline for a PS4 build (C++ release) but i’m asking and demanding because there could already be answers for my questions. my questions are nothing that has a “deadline” or something else but only a fuzzy statement like “it’s done / there when it’s done / there”. (don’t want to start an other discussion).

(First of all: I didn’t really feel like reading 175 comments so I’m sorry if this has been answered before)
(Second of all: Another apologies for this stupid question, I just need to get this off my chest)

Will we soon get updates on titan development?

1 Like

No new infos or timelines known. So it’s likely a “no” for your question.

PS: You can add your question (not already asked) in this WIKI post.

Okay, thanks a bunch.

I imagine Titans are one of the subjects they want to surprise us and let us discover when they release them.

2 Likes