Dev Q&A Video #1 - Question Submissions

It’s important to the devs and to a lot of people that this game is a sandbox experience rather than an MMORPG. I think no implementation of professions reflects this and is important to this style of game.

Professions are somehwat restrictive and not what Oort is about in my opinion.

4 Likes

What kind of weapons you plan to add??

Will you add unarmed combat (unarmed means fist or natural claws, with some glove or things like that not kattar)?
If yes: Maybe some kind of “ki” “haduken” attacks at the cost of shards?

Two handed swords and its “moves”?

Unarmed/fist weapons (yes kattars, power fists, etc :smiley: )?

Here are my questions:

What will a player driven economy contain? Or at least how have the devs thought about implementing trade and exchange of resources/items.

What were the latest survey results?

Is there anything you want the community to focus on testing? Features you need more feedback on and such.

3 Likes
  • How casual/difficult is the endgame (titans) going to be?

• On a scale from Minecraft[1] to Chivalry/WoW[10], how complex is the combat system probably going to be?

• And definitely this :arrow_down:

2 Likes

This subject seems to be becoming a notable point of contention. The way they have advertised on the mainwebsite and in promotional videos advertises simply an MMO aspect. There is no clear inidcator to what extent we’ll see this side of things show up. If all we’re getting is a sandbox game with minimal RPG elements that has thebpotential to be problematic seeing as a lot of people here seem like they were drawn purely by the idea of an mmo set in a voxel sandbox world.

Edit: A question I’ve been curious about though is, if enough people backed this game and you saw funding comparable to that of Destiny or No Man’s Sky, would we then see a game of that scope and size get made?

1 Like

Agreed. I think they could do with updating some aspects of the website indicating what the meeting point is between sandbox voxel and MMO’s.

Personally I see it as voxel sandbox, with crafting and combat as well. Whether or not crafting and combat will be experienced based or based on an item tier system needs clarifying, how will they be interlinked, so will the best weapons be craftable or titan based loot? I’d prefer the latter, based on the lore as Oortians were the ultimate so loot from titans/temples should reflect that. Creature drops and tiers should reflect this also. It would be nice if crafting was player driven with crafting and resources playing a vital role in the game, in guilds, trade and community. Whilst progression in combat can take from this but eventually to really get high end in combat you would need to go into the titan areas or harder creature areas and explore.

What about classes? Will there be classes, I think it isn’t needed at all in Oort, the freedom to choose your play style emphasises the sandbox element whilst taking from MMORPG elements without turning it into one.

Any sort of level grinding exp grinding system in this game would ruin it I think, by limiting it to those who have time or money.

Both of these questions will be answered by the feedback survey and critically the devs response to it.

As regards to destiny and NMS, I think the devs have an advantage with oort in that from the start they always said they will finish the game, but a lack of community input and funding would limit some aspects, but the game would still be Oort. It would always be a decent playable game.

1 Like

(suggest creating a new thread for this discussion please!)

People want to matter, not spend years becoming one of the people that matter, we will eventually have a status quo, " those players" griefers, mages, long rangers and reddit guilds without them incorporating progression into the game, the real question in my opinion is how do the devs feel about that?

• How many races do you plan to introduce?

• how many players per world do you think would be a good balance?

3 Likes

gonna add to this

• Are there gonna be a hard limit on how many people can be on one world at any time?
1 Like

Wouldn’t be possible to add airships to Oort online?

2 Likes

Please disregard this question if asked already:

Would you guys rush the game in order to appease the public?

If not, please, keep that state of mind.

(As a game developer, and a person who is quite excited for Oort online’s potential, I fear it’s hype shall, like many other games, be it’s undoing, so please, every game has growing pains, baby steps!)

-Not a fan, but an observer with high hopes.

2 Likes

From what I have heard it is planned along with sea ships but will most likely come after 1.0

In the future will the players be able to vote on names for creatures/items/blocks or will the Devs have the full say?
:doug:

Hey guys I have a laptop with Enduro and I can’t run your game, do you have any ETA on the DX11 drivers ? I’ll hope to join the oort family soon :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with you.

Sad :c …

1 Like

yeah thats really important.

1 Like

Forgot to add, I think progression will still be entirely possible but it won’t be defined in concrete professions like miner or builder.

To let every player being able to create everything was also something I found important in respect to players then like to play totally solo. But had been nice if a well trained crafter could add some bonuses to his creations and then trade them to players who have other playstyles then crafting. But yeah, talk about in the Q&A video. I think we all just need to know more to be able to sleep calm and well again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: