Dev Q&A Video #1 - Question Submissions

How exactly do you kill a titan?
Do you just kill all the protectors on it or what?

1 Like

Nice
What does the cooperation with SONY change in the development?

1 Like

Lots of questions; assuming that you can’t answer some of 'em, but I’m trying anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

• Is Sony providing a significant amount of money, or are they mostly helping on the PR side of things? (subtext: are you getting enough cash to trivialize the fundraising model? Does it need to change?)
  • How are titans organized (i.e. floors, rooms, puzzles, traps, ???)?
  • What are those gleam spikes we saw at the start of the trailer? Just someone having fun trying to emulate light shafts, or a hint at something greater?
  • Do titans move around much?
  • What aspects of a titan will we be able to customize in Mave?
  • Snow-as-a-liquid (snow that builds up on surfaces as it falls) - I wants it! When!? :stuck_out_tongue:
    • Would this also lead to rain generating water on surfaces (and run off)?
8 Likes

Around Portals and Weapons.

So, Portals: can we make horizontal portals? will portals be easy to make(like the bread and butter of the game) or something not so easy? how do portals work? do ou end up on a random world? is it really just like a door to another world? can you fight someone/thing, one being in one world and the other being in the other? can you punish comsone by sending them to a world then destroy the portal and it would be hard for them to come back?(nice guild betrayal punishement right there)

About the Weapons: can you mix and match weapons? i’ve seen some images and it looked like we could. are there any swords? will there be katanas or a katana-like sword? are there going to be weapons with powers? fire imbued weapons? eletric? kinetic? are there going to guns(please no)? staffs? magic? can we control elements(maybe too much xD)?

If any dev sees this, all the questions answer with a no(minus the gun one) can be taken as a suggestion. just saying.

1 Like

OMG i wish all these are a yes.

1 Like

About Worlds:

Are worlds finite? they end suddenly(i dont to compare but i have to --’) minecraft? or can you get around the world? like walk in the same duration for X amount of time and end up in the same location? does the size of the worlds varie? are they REALLY LARGE, hours to explore, or small? 5 minutes walking and you are in the same place/end of the world(maybe thats too small xD) is it your objective to make every single world unique? can you destroy a whole world if they have no beacons? imagine that, an abyss world with just 1 portal and some blocks around it… another nice guild betrayal punishement.

1 Like

Do you think when the game is released you will lower the price?

Yes, worlds are finite. They wrap around, so there is no hard edge. The size of worlds is a variable that is controlled by the editor.

Yeah, I really haven’t seen two worlds that look the same. there are just to many options in the editor.

Not sure about an abyss.

2 Likes

You can choose in the editor if they are finite or not and if they wrap or not.
But the Maingame will only have finite wrapping worlds afaik.

when i say abyss, its a"artifical". like, a player blows up a whole world and only leaves a portal and someblocks around it. that would be like “wow”. it would be nice for me leave me be!!! :C

That has yet to be decided officially. There have been multiple threads about the concept of unclaimed terrain regenerating over time to maintain a beautiful look. However, I think it is still being decided.

However, I can say in the current build of the game there are explosive arrows that do damage terrain.

Nope the price will rise a bit,

Oh that really is a delicate matter. I don’t know which to support though

yes tehy will while it was Still funded by backers mainly they had a pre order rank that was around 17 Pound

Nope, it will be around 25 dollars. (mentioned by devs several times atleast)

We actually haven’t made a firm decision on this, things could change considering new platforms. No worries for forum-ites though, you’re all in :wink:

4 Likes

Apologies, just thought you mentioned that.

you plan for it to be cheaper or more expensive than now? also do you plan to have ps4 accounts and pc accounts seperately or is it just one account you buy and you can play it on both?

1 Like

Oh yeah that right ^.^

I confused it shortly with another game.

Since this is reopened, I want to know everything there is to know about the idea of blueprints and how they might work.

Mainly explain this in more detail.

5 Likes

On that note I’d also like to know about possible machines/mechanisms we will be able to build sometime and the blueprints of these machines.

The Quote is from the Playstation blog

[quote]Create amazing sandbox contraptions like people cannons and
hyper-efficient crafting machines, and then sell copies of the
blueprints to other players so they can create them too.[/quote]

1 Like