DEVS: Forging, could you give us your thoughts?

This post is severely starting to derail … if it doesn’t get back on topic, I’ll be forced to lock it down.

Play nice people! It’s fine to have differing opinions, you don’t have to agree, but keep the conversation civil and on track.

6 Likes

Okay. So here is info from someone who isn’t vocal minority. Me and Sere are literally the best forgers in the game right now. We don’t ever say anything about forging and just do it because it’s there. But if you want the opinion of people who forge constantly… forging is too difficult right now. Tons of RNG, extremely rare materials or high numbers of annoying to obtain materials, and definitely not newb friendly. If you’re not statted with max coils then don’t bother trying to forge cause you will only make garbage that nobody wants.

TL:DR forging is horrible. Results are nice, but the process is horrible.

3 Likes

i disagree to that. u can do early game forging while u do the gem wall, there is no extremely rare material involved in non-power recipes.
Yea u have to throw away some stuff because of defects, but other stuff is better than what u have access to, so its unreasonable to say that forging is only for end game after u got all coils.
Several people here in forum said that they dont have any experience and are overwhelmed when trying forging first time. thats because they never tried no power forging, which is pretty straight forward. The most materials doesnt need more than the ability to walk around t4+ without dying constantly

I also have to disagree. Just before the “nerf” I was just starting to forge while i was at the gem wall. With only the basics I was able to forge some tools with the below effect, along with the magnetic effect and eventually got a 3x1 horizontal effect. This was great as I was able to gather/mine a lot of peaty soil for compacted fuel and other things such as rock to sale so I could have enough to buy rare mats (gems, metals etc.) Things that are not so easy for me to get right now. I’m getting by and now just have to to come up with a different strategy to overcome this. Really just want to be able to craft my first set of workbench power coils and move on with the gem hunting.

I went back to expert minecraft mods for content and building itch. Toxic fanboi loves say its people that have few hours complaining like this. i have 200 hours in game. Not a stranger to grind… i played Lineage 2… the difference is boundless has very little to offer but grind and little to no character progression.

1 Like

the character progression is huge at low lvls and slows down. but u can always create an alt to fill a hole in your palette of skills. alts are raised quickly on low lvls too and soon they are fit to fulfill any role u give them. character progression in that sense is very fast if u know what u are doing. And besides some grind and progression: this is a sandbox game with player driven economy. There is always something to do. I saw people starting their own business, hiring and paying them loan, setting goals, planning big. Boundless offers possibilities. if u dont see them, try to open your eyes? :smiley:

btw found a method to incorporate imperfect boon compounds into the forging process: u start off with them, maybe 2 so u get a small amount of defect, continue with pure boon until u got a defect hit. because there is only few defect points available its unlikely that the defect will be finished. but because u depleted some defect points it makes the next defect unlikely too and u can continue with unstable boons which gives a good amount of boon while adding quirks is unlikely too. never had problems with quirks despite having used much unstable boons

I didn’t realise the orbs came from Growth until I stumbled on the Jivita video.

Orbs are no issue now :slight_smile:
I counted and I was getting an Orb every 30 growth roughly so it’s pretty quick to get a nice stash.

1 Like

its just that people hate farming growth because u cant use the growth somewhere, if not in a very specific build, because of unfavorable color and looks (neither used in crafting). If this doesnt disturb u, and the reward in orbs is enough for u, thats ok :smiley:

1> d

i disagree to that. u can do early game forging while u do the gem wall, there is no extremely rare material involved in non-power recipes.

Lol, of course you disagree. I’m pretty sure that the developers could make it so that the only way to gets orbs is to smash your face on a keyboard for hours until you bleed and you would STILL disagree with whoever objected. 99 diamond to cook meat?..‘yay devs’. 20k oort to open portals?..‘yaaay, git gud noobs’.

Seriously, contrarians and fanbois like you shut down legit, meaningful discussions and prevent games from progressing, leading to the failure you are trying so hard to prevent

1 Like

oh so u are leading a legit meaningful discussion here, instead of trampling on my opinion as if im not allowed to have one? contrarian and fanboi? are u just playing stupid to provoke some kind of response? running around bashing other peoples opinions seems fitting to u

Note: Smashing your face on a keyboard is NOT an effective way to get shimmering orbs.

The More You Know

5 Likes

Hey. Friend. I literally made one post, relating my experiences, frustrations, etc. The remainder of my posts, on this thread were spent defending/explaining myself to you people who, immediatly, disregarded my opinion and, basically, told me I was playing wrong or that I’m the only one. This is a common thread with your responses to every poster with a concern (scroll up for, like, forever) .

Note: Smashing your face on a keyboard is NOT an effective way to get shimmering orbs.

The More You Know

I still have so much to learn

4 Likes

u are the one guy in this round calling other people toxic, contrarian, fanboi, ad hominem all the way and u cant give one example where i “disregarded” ur opinion or told u that u play wrong. name me one instance. Maybe stop lying first and we can start to have a legit discussion
(lol defending? ur one post relating to ur “frustrations” was a vicious attack on me:

i didnt disregard ur opinion, i just ignored ur bitter aggression. thats a huge difference.)

also why dont u argue any point if u have one? seems like u are here only to troll and attack people

and i definitly dont have scum friends

Well, you had your chance to keep it on topic and you blew it. As mentioned previously, it’s ok to disagree… it’s not ok to let disagreements devolve into name calling.

8 Likes