Devs....what are the rock dudes called?

Not when we all came from the birthing chamber in interstellar stasis and have the same exact body types

2 Likes

and the nourishment module for half the chambers was broken so some people are emaciated…

2 Likes

yeah us aquatopians where really weirded out when your spaceship dropped clones looking like us

2 Likes

Im neither oortian, nor citizen, i simply am

2 Likes

I am, that I am
OR
I am that, I am?

Am i that? I am

1 Like

I am the Walrus.

I’d like a walrus citizen. That would be keen.

I’d pay a dollar for that. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the clarification. We are citizens, I am happy to know that (even if the name is more of a term than a name but hey tolken named a volcano mt doom lol). I appreciate all you devs do, keep up the awesome work. :smiley:

Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from oortianeye joe.

1 Like

I’ve heard of that dude. If it wasn’t for him, I would been married a looooong time ago.

For those newer Citizens to Boundless who might not be aware, the precursors of these planets—those whose ancient technology and power we utilize—were called Oortians. We are the new civilization colonizing the galaxy, and our race is called Citizens.

While it’s not my personal preference for a species name, it’s nice for us to have this knowledge.

(I quite liked Bounders. :wink: )

Now what I’m curious about is what updates came later that year bringing some Oortian “culture”…

4 Likes

Mind blown! I used them interchangeably and ive been here for a long time. Time for more proper in-game lore!

6 Likes

Agreed. :heart:

2 Likes

I call us Oortians… We are just the next generation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just call them donkeys.

we are the Plebs, the last decadent remains of the famous ones.

We wait to die out :slight_smile:

Oh I’ve just been calling us oortians. Citizens sounds kinda bland. But I’m just the town crazy :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it be a great event for us if the devs add more lore in game but instead of just adding it, we have to go explore the known worlds to find it, come together as a community, and piece it together. Mining? Great you just found a tablet with engravings on it. This can look just like the blue or rainbow chip but with little engravings. Doing a meteor? A chunk of it just luckily fell off with some engravings too. Etc etc. Say lore is divided on 500 pieces released over 3 months (for example). Maybe even those who find a piece get their name associated with it. Idk… there’s so much potential to build on the idea that we are the new race discovering our ancient origins.

5 Likes

I think this should be the only way the devs do it. Community goals to uncover more lore, it provides goals, treasure hunting, relic hunting, tome hunting, you could introduce transcribing and decoding skills in the skill tree, you could uncover and unlock lost technologies.

Honestly this would produce gameplay for weeks and create truly fascinating ways to interact with the universe and unlock lore.

I wish they would do this.

@RedY3

Edit: this could also be an amazing way to unlock titans too. Community goals @james

5 Likes

jpeg