Did a bit of napkin math, you can now make at least 600k per hour farming peat for spark. Not good for the botter situation

DK… your post title kind of cracks me up. It’s like telling folks to social distance, then opening the bar. :joy:

Maybe perhaps this whole mint price thing was by design? Maybe it will give new players (who are everywhere) a chance to catch up to the coin in the market… as well as level the price of spark?

2 Likes

@ginabean Nah, it has to be an accident.

Honestly I’m hoping James sees this thread title and fixes this ASAP. I’m sure they’re on it. But just in case.

This doesn’t help new players. They don’t have power coils, and probably don’t have monsters or forum accounts either. It helps botters and the rich. I wish it helped new players.

Hopefully this gets patched and boils over quick.

The borderless glass signs look great though (no sarcasm), I like those!

2 Likes

You don’t need coils to get timber… you just need spark generators. 1 generator is a start… then another… them another… and so on.

1 Like

Are people talking about this on the in game chat channels?

I don’t plan to start minting spark myself. But maybe we should be teaching noobs how to do so?

1 Like

Minting is definitely a great way to clean up all that extra rock/wood/foliage we all have laying around our houses that we swear we will eventually use one day…then never actually do! Haha! That’s kinda how I am anyhow! Only in game though. Not in real life.

So yes,I don’t see any problems with teaching new players how to use the chrysominter to help clear their inventory, or give them a little extra cushion in their wallets for their first AOE hammer.

I felt the same about gleam farming.

Then this turned into the gleampocalypse.

It wasn’t even meant to be a thread about gleam farming there’s lots of other minter info there, and it still applies.

We need to teach people not to mint raw materials and it doesn’t hurt to share tips regarding what some of the high value (even possibly imbalanced) items are. But as regards this spark value I personally think we need to just cross our fingers for a quick fix.

2 Likes

Not really worth it if you don’t have much spark, if I minted mine I could probably make around 45k, and But if I go peat farming,
Compact it a then use it take spark, all of this will be fixed, I did leave non compacted peat going over night, maybe I can make some coil in the morning. If not I guess it goes in the shop.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but they shouldn’t change things in the economy because of botters. They should add in ways to detect and ban botters, rather than letting the botters dictate how the game and economy runs. I hate talk about botters. They will always exist and find ways to game the system with simple, repetitive things they can bot, then mint.

3 Likes

I like this.
Detect. Ban. Rule.
Haha

See slave botting for that stack of orbs for personal use over the next 2 months isnt a huge issue imo. It becomes an issue when you pump shop stand after shop stand of orbs then you go mint the growth and get even more money.

2 Likes

I agree. But spark shouldn’t mint for 39c botters or no. Farming dirt to make spark and then flush that spark down the toilet shouldn’t even be on the top 10 list of ways to make coin in game.

To be clear, I don’t have any issue with the people currently farming peat and minting spark. I just don’t think the game should push people into that behavior.

5 Likes

I do agree the coin is way too high for spark from minting.

By just selling my stored spark, I get 200k in 5 min lol.

1 Like

Lmao. So I can log on and mint my almost 1 billion in spark? How much will that get me?

Like 50 million coin?

300 units of spark at a time tho lol :dizzy_face:

300,000… but yeah… for 1 billion would take a while.

~39m

Couple A few hours at the minter not even a hard day’s grind. :smirk:

Can you explain your math? There must be something wrong with mine as my numbers aren’t nearly as high as 600k/h :thinking:

3 Likes

Well, I had a lot of spark in spare generators, my main gen was filled to the max, bought some spark mats yesterday for real cheap (8c), etc., etc.

Decided to mint most of it! Kept 5m spark in my main gens but the rest went the way of the minter.

I made 2.5m coin :joy:

1 Like

I think his math is based on just the time required on minting the spark. That means you already have your gens full.

But if you start from zero spark in gens, in my math you need at least 199 gens burning/hour chc to get the amount of spark/hour you need to reach that 600k.

That seems to me a lot of work.

am I wrong ?