Did a bit of napkin math, you can now make at least 600k per hour farming peat for spark. Not good for the botter situation

Hopefully the botters aren’t all doing this right now.

I really hope the devs push a hotfix ASAP

2 Likes

Automated reply:yes

Did you see what I did there :rofl:

6 Likes

Can make a lot more than 600k an hour if you empty your 18m stored spark.

Luckily I’m in bed and dont need coin lol

1 Like

does that include all the time it would take to compact the peat, turn it into spark, breaking generators, adding 350 spark to the chrysominter each repair etc? There’s a few processes there to stop most people from doing this… botters though are a different story.

2 Likes

Am currently farming peat and I can’t stress enough how much it sucks repairing these generators this often. Peat is kind of a giant pain in that.

3 Likes

They aren’t yet, but will be shortly after reading this…sigh

2 Likes

Nah I’m sure they’re all on it already.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right.:pensive:

I wonder if there’s a way to create a bot that does nothing but keep their bots stuck giving ya-boh emotes instead of working haha.

4 Likes

Farming pearly soil is a lot of work… but if you do it as a team it’s not so bad… assuming you Understand how to mine efficiently, which a lot of people don’t.

I’m doing both… I bought a bunch today and I’m minting a bit, but honestly, it almost doesn’t seem worth it. Maybe for the coin in the end, but it’s not a fun way, at least for me) to play the game and coin really isn’t a big deal for me… I don’t have a ton but I’m happy I have enough to build what I like and support my guild.

I did the gleam door thing for a couple weeks, but it was a grind and I kind of felt like a slave to it.

I guess I’m mixed. It will make spark even more valuable, because once you all drain your spark… well you’re gonna need some spark.

So go see @Gondor and @AlexxChristo over at :zap: The Spark Plug :electric_plug: in the Purple Hall of The Naughty Mall! They’re selling it at Mint Cost!

Sorry for the shameful: :electric_plug: :joy:

5 Likes

DK… your post title kind of cracks me up. It’s like telling folks to social distance, then opening the bar. :joy:

Maybe perhaps this whole mint price thing was by design? Maybe it will give new players (who are everywhere) a chance to catch up to the coin in the market… as well as level the price of spark?

2 Likes

@ginabean Nah, it has to be an accident.

Honestly I’m hoping James sees this thread title and fixes this ASAP. I’m sure they’re on it. But just in case.

This doesn’t help new players. They don’t have power coils, and probably don’t have monsters or forum accounts either. It helps botters and the rich. I wish it helped new players.

Hopefully this gets patched and boils over quick.

The borderless glass signs look great though (no sarcasm), I like those!

2 Likes

You don’t need coils to get timber… you just need spark generators. 1 generator is a start… then another… them another… and so on.

1 Like

Are people talking about this on the in game chat channels?

I don’t plan to start minting spark myself. But maybe we should be teaching noobs how to do so?

1 Like

Minting is definitely a great way to clean up all that extra rock/wood/foliage we all have laying around our houses that we swear we will eventually use one day…then never actually do! Haha! That’s kinda how I am anyhow! Only in game though. Not in real life.

So yes,I don’t see any problems with teaching new players how to use the chrysominter to help clear their inventory, or give them a little extra cushion in their wallets for their first AOE hammer.

I felt the same about gleam farming.

Then this turned into the gleampocalypse.

It wasn’t even meant to be a thread about gleam farming there’s lots of other minter info there, and it still applies.

We need to teach people not to mint raw materials and it doesn’t hurt to share tips regarding what some of the high value (even possibly imbalanced) items are. But as regards this spark value I personally think we need to just cross our fingers for a quick fix.

2 Likes

Not really worth it if you don’t have much spark, if I minted mine I could probably make around 45k, and But if I go peat farming,
Compact it a then use it take spark, all of this will be fixed, I did leave non compacted peat going over night, maybe I can make some coil in the morning. If not I guess it goes in the shop.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but they shouldn’t change things in the economy because of botters. They should add in ways to detect and ban botters, rather than letting the botters dictate how the game and economy runs. I hate talk about botters. They will always exist and find ways to game the system with simple, repetitive things they can bot, then mint.

3 Likes

I like this.
Detect. Ban. Rule.
Haha

See slave botting for that stack of orbs for personal use over the next 2 months isnt a huge issue imo. It becomes an issue when you pump shop stand after shop stand of orbs then you go mint the growth and get even more money.

2 Likes

I agree. But spark shouldn’t mint for 39c botters or no. Farming dirt to make spark and then flush that spark down the toilet shouldn’t even be on the top 10 list of ways to make coin in game.

To be clear, I don’t have any issue with the people currently farming peat and minting spark. I just don’t think the game should push people into that behavior.

5 Likes

I do agree the coin is way too high for spark from minting.