Different music

I appreciate that the music in Boundless in pretty non intrusive, it doesn’t play all the time or for very long.

However, personally I just find the majority of the music in Boundless super existential and depressing. It’s the music I would expect to hear in a Pixar movie when the protagonist has lost all hope during the mid-movie crisis.

Minecraft has this problem too.

When real life has enough depression, I love games that have music that perks me up and gives me energy to build.

The current music:
image https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/5e/04/b05e045bb7e306d2598c3d5d3ef1e2b4.gif

1 Like

Do you know of anywhere to listen to the music out of game?

They’re on YouTube, I’ve posted some before on forums but I can’t find a link ATM

:open_mouth: I had no idea

Ya I get mournful violin, mournful piano, and deep dark pit of despair songs on repeat.

Lol

I get the mournful violin 99% of the time.

But 99% of my time is spent on t2 lush worlds, @BabyCookie says that’s why I get the same music always.

Hmmm I’m not sure about that. I spend on a lot of time on Seginiakai, Alcyon, Besevrona, Galan, and of course Tana at your mall, and then I originally started on Angel. The music has been depressing on all those planets.

Now to find out the community chose this music…

image https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/96/9604ea3182289cf50949ba464b6833b0.jpeg

Funny, I enjoy the music in Boundless as well as Minecraft’s. I find Boundless’ music very relaxing and emotional. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I guess I have that same ‘problem’.

IMG_1522

1 Like

No need to single out one word and take it personal, the word problem isn’t aimed at people here, it’s aimed at music and it’s just my opinion (I did said “personally” didn’t I?).

I prefer the music in Stardew Valley.

I’m pointing out that precisely because real life isn’t cupcakes and rainbows, that’s why I like to get some positivity in my video games. I have my fair share of reality being the opposite of cupcakes and rainbows, I don’t need a wake up call in that regard.

There are plenty of depressing video games for people who want that. I don’t particularly see MMOs and builders in that category.

The violin song is fine @anon64701652 . It’s just annoying to hear it 8000 times, especially in a game with 12 hours of recorded soundtrack.

I do a lot of exploring and hunting on different level planets so for me the music is not always the same.

Only those days I spend my time building alone at Maryx

That logic makes more sense for how it chooses the songs. I do generally the same things on all these planets.

1 Like

I still want an option to purely randomize the music. I’m missing out on some cool music, and I’m tired of the mournful violin song.

3 Likes

Oh, quite the contrary. Nothing was taken personally. I didn’t compose or perform a single second of the Boundless soundtrack. My point is, what some may view as a ‘problem’, others may enjoy or find solace in.

You can’t please everyone all the time.

2 Likes

Options menu :blush: everyone wins

I love the OST for this game. The game is mostly silent and when the music slowly floods my headphones its always a welcome treat. i adore it. I do wish there was a bit more variety that would be put to use.

4 Likes

T7 exo hunts have pretty good music

I love the music on Boundless. Even when you’re alone, mining and it scares the ■■■■ out of you.

5 Likes

I also absolutely love the music. One of the reasons why I got the deluxe version on PlayStation is because it came with the soundtrack.

1 Like

Love the music as well, one of the best features of the game.

1 Like