Digital Deluxe Edition Fix Incoming - Servers Going Down in Approximately 1 Hour

Update:

Servers are now back up and running.

Original Message
Hi guys,

We will be taking the Boundless servers offline in approximately 1 hour to implement a fix for the Digital Deluxe Edition perks.

This fix will ensure everyone who currently owns the Digital Deluxe Edition will get the correct perks, and will retroactively give any “owed” perks too (Gleam Club, Plots etc). This also ensures all future purchases will give the correct perks as well.

Please Note - Upon booting the game you will be prompted with a new message explaining how to claim your 500 cubits. For reference, you’ll need to switch to the character you’d like the Cubits to apply to and then open The Exchange. This will give your chosen character the Cubits.

The first iteration of Gleam Club does not grant unlimited Character Tint Changes, which is why currently players are not able to change their characters colours. However, in the next patch we will enable all Gleam Club members to change their character tints as many times as they like, while they are a member.

Originally we had planned to release a larger patch to fix more recently reported issues, but unfortunately this has been pushed to next week due to the build being unstable.

Apologies for the wait, we really appreciate how patient everyone has been for this.

38 Likes

:ghost:

A shame the other fixes couldn’t get in to this patch. But I know what it’s like to go through QA and have someone say “Uh. I think I found an issue.” Hehe.

7 Likes

Are these fixes for the server stability during peak times on the main hub planets or just bug fixes in general? Seeing Biituna (spelling?) locked due to player limit when it has 68 people is a bit frustrating last night.

2 Likes

thanks for keeping us up to date and to let us experience a whole new level of crafting :wink:

The lag it’s causing is also somewhat frustrating when you’re building a structure 50 blocks up and get tossed over the edge at a regular rate :slight_smile: (I gave up and moved to another planet…)

4 Likes

the in-game warning used to show time left - today it’s only “server maintenance”

could we please get time with it like before?

2 Likes

If you already have multiple characters, who will be getting the 500 cubits?
(First in the list, First who logs in, Last in the list, Random?)

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve been getting the same on some planets. Casually walking along and then all of a sudden I’m rubber-banding all over the place. Hopefully they’ll have that sorted soon too. How long is the maintenance likely to last?

@Kirinvar Nice one, I’ve updated the post in bold! :slight_smile:

@zdazzle Server fixes will be coming in another hot fix, we’re working on a post about it now - stay tuned.

@MikkDC Approximately 1 hour, but it could be more.

4 Likes

How long wilø the servers be down for?

Approx 1 hour, possibly more.

1 Like

Any news on a Digital Deluxe upgrade for PS4 owners? Wanted to buy that instead of standard even before it actually released and hoped I could upgrade on release day like with most games but nope, not available in the PSN store…

1 Like

We understand launching a game is tough when it gets out to the masses, especially for a small studio with no large Publisher. We have faith in Wonderstruck to fix all the bugs.

Can’t wait until bug fix patches turn into new feature patches :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Keep up the great work guys and gals :+1:t3: Much appreciated

5 Likes

Can you guys make a server status webpage?

3 Likes

We were actually talking about this a couple of days ago. Certainly something we can do in the future, once the main bulk of issues have been fixed.

9 Likes

giving me time to eat stir fry and browse web before getting stuck in…cheers

Thanks for the info. I have removed the post, so that others dont click the link :slight_smile: @james Or would it be best to leave it to notify others not to use it?

If I buy the Digital Deluxe Update later, will I still get 10% more plots on my existing plots? Or do I only get the 10% on all future plots, which I acquire after the Deluxe Update?