DKPoll: Plots on sovereign worlds

When I did the math, earning 10 plots per day it would take you 100 days to earn 1,000 plots… 1k plots really isn’t that much when you start filling in volume such as a 20 x 20 x3 area… you’re already at 1,200 plots. I currently have Boundless on the backburner because earning plots is just not fun when it’s your main goal.

It is fun to be rewarded plots as an added bonus for playing. It is not fun to grind plots by the thousand.

I’ll be back to playing 4+ hours per day if I can buy a private world with unlimited plots =)

This isn’t meant to be any sort of threat or demand - it’s just what I personally want out of the game right now.

5 Likes

I am satisfied and I want to make noise about it!!!

:loud_sound::loudspeaker::loud_sound::loudspeaker::loudspeaker::loud_sound::loudspeaker:

Whatever final details for the sovereign worlds system when they finally come to live, I am going to welcome them with arms wide open!!!
Very happy and looking forward to seeing some cool new worlds and builds. :sunglasses:

Great job DEVS!!!

:heart_eyes::grin:

4 Likes

Excited people also make a big noise, just so it’s clear there are multiple camps of loud people :smiley:

haha yes this, i hadn’t scrolled this far down yet.

Prepatch is the only time you can really be vocal though, yea? and expect to potentially see change or compromise? Once it’s live and people get used to something, it’s hard to go back and change values/systems unless it’s just an outright utter flop.

2 Likes

My point exactly. It’s only logical that people with concerns over how a new patch is to be implemented would be very vocal about it pre-patch. This applies to both the existing satisfied players worried about how change will affect their game experience and also the dissatisfied players that are hoping for changes that will bring the game up to their expectations.

You will see that I am able to be reasoned with when I conceded the point that I too am only human with my own biased perception of how things are:

This… I cannot even begin to deny, flawless logic presented with a smile at the end!! I love it! :joy:

And you, my friend, are the picture perfect example of an excited person!!

I get what you’re saying with this whole post, it’s genuinely interesting to note. But it could be interpreted in a million different ways, so I feel compelled to offer up the optimistic assumption that perhaps the people who agree with the current developer ethos are in game right now enjoying themselves and don’t get to the forums to vote on this ground breaking poll.

The results of these polls do essentially have little to no value whatsoever as we have no idea how representative the people answering are of the entire community. So let’s interpret them with the facts that they do provide. which are the numbers you see beside each poll option. More often than not these polls are showing a fairly equal number on both sides I take it? I genuinely don’t know, because while I’ll occasionally vote I don’t ever actually come back to check on the results as I know they mean so little… so little to me that is.

2 Likes

if people get unlimited plots on rentals it messes up the footfall system and makes game so unfair for people staying in the normal worlds doing the husttle
plus they keep there cubits they dont waste on plots and can buy skilpages more alts
also unfair
just rent and work for ya plots if not you all cheaters for me
if you want unlimited plots wait for creative these worlds are linked to the main public universe and should fall under the exact same rules as them
renting a world is to control who can build there our not
and to build megaprojects without the hasstle off abandonen our troll plots
in my opinion offcoarse
our buy them plots :grin: pump some cash in the game

5 Likes

Plots don’t give you footfall.

1 Like

if i go to your planet and you can plot everything
everywhere i walk is footfall for you

1 Like

Nope. Plots don’t give you footfall.

if you have a house off 20k prestige and i walk on those plots and you plotted the entire planet you made the change i walked on those plots super big giving you more ff

If everything is plotted and has enough prestige I can only get footfall from you once since it is all one settlement. So what is the difference in this and having a rental gem planet and getting all the footfall from everyone that comes over to the planet, since I own all the portals?

1 Like

Hopefully rentals will have enough features that will appeal to a wide range of user types, so that more people will get them - hence more people spending $, more players in the game, more players buying cubits to get special body paints, etc.

Plots don’t = footfall. Blocks & prestige do. You have to take the time to build something on the plots, like everyone else to get footfall.

1 Like

so even without unlimited plots is allready better ff changes then lol

hm under a day i can have them full of prestige doesnt take to long :smiley:

In my opinion this is not different than players using multiple alts in a mall or hub on a permanent planet to maximize footfall. It is not against the rules there so why does a rental have to have different rules?

So does that mean ff needs to be changed? Probably a topic for a different thread.

1 Like

nope im just saying i dont like unlimited plots on rentals
forget my footfall comment
what about the you having more cubits to spend on skillpages and alts and skillresets since ya dont need them plots on ya rental

also you plot entire planet and people can come build on it when they have guild acces etc
how people suppose to compete with there public planet towns to that

seems still bit unfair to me

but the fear off knowing when ya build a planet owner can kick ya out will help out with that a bit i guess

1 Like

Moebs, you win people to your town the old fashion way. You either need stunning good looks and an award winning personality, or you abduct them as new players and keep them trapped with you until they develop stockholme syndrome.

Doesn’t really matter what type of planet you are on.

6 Likes

I will still get a rental planet and buy cubits and buy plots for it on the public planet. So nothing would be unfair.

2 Likes

And of course you are entitled to your opinion no matter what.

they can compete by renting a planet. It is not like they are in limited supply. It is my understanding everyone that wants one (or more than one) can have it.

First this assumes that players will not also build in the public universe which I am not sure is a valid statement. I know I ashed my builds but since apparently where a rental is placed is random and I would want a build on a planet near it, there is no point in building anything until I decide when I am getting a rental and where it will be in the universe. I had always planned to have builds in both universe, so I still need cubits for plots.

2 Likes

true i also forgot noobs spawn on public worlds the rented worlds are option later on for them

@Kal-El sounds good
if i hear someone gets something i cant get unless pay extra for it i get triggered
then 10minutes later i realize people can buy plots extra anyways
and i have a nice backer bonus others dont get and im making fuzz for nothing lol
just if unlimited plots is a thing i hope they charge a pretty penny for it :smiley:
cuase they def stopping renters from buying qbits for plots if they would have bought them

2 Likes

is this a thing i thought you can select to wich public world they are close did james not mention that in his info?