DKPoll: what is considered respectful vs not respectful plotting

I think there are a few keys held by those who purchased the backer teirs, but the ones I know about are being held for friends and family. Like some lottery tickets, I’m sure there will be some that are never turned in.

1 Like

I’m curious how difficult it would be to initiate rental planets. I suspect that the testing of creative mode is related however rental planets would bring in revenue for the game. Maybe skip creative mode for now and let people rent planets. Just an opinion.

Well I can say that I am hoping one day I’ll get my planet. It’s been a lot longer than I think anyone thought it would be though. I even remember in the writing of the backer package it saying “1 of the first 50 Boundless worlds” so that wording alone is long gone from being the truth. I’m not making a big fuss of it though as at this point I just want a planet.

In terms of whether there are still keys out there, there may be people like me who have been holding out with a couple but that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing: holding out and seeing where the market ends up.

I give you 500 monopoly money for one of those keys! :smiley:

3 Likes

Building a unnecessary road around a town you have nothing to do with to hault all building

The black road south of the bigger road.

1 Like

Is this Biitula? Because we all know that place is a hellhole lol

3 Likes

Lol you know it.

3 Likes

Several of those roads in that screenshot will receive a negative compactness score & may be gone soon.

Some are actual bridges built and shared by 2 consenting groups. But the really big ones are not.

I know you were making a different point, but after testing the new system, almost every road/bridge shown there will receive a negative compactness score and will need to have a lot of plots added or be removed. I’m gonna have to remove some of my roads from other places too.

Red = will probably receive a negative compactness score
Blue = might be ok, but will probably receive a low compactness score

2 Likes

That is a good list of questions.

Sorry if I missed this hypothetical in the above examples.

What about if someone goes to a high tier planet that is not very populated and builds a huge build right next door to someone who had already built a huge, still expanding base in the middle of nowhere?

Sure that’s is a good one

Some general thoughts on the matter:

Respect to me equals consideration for the feelings of others, placing those feelings above my own wishes in the game, so long as those feelings are within reason. Since “reasonable” is subjective, personally will err on the side of caution, and also assume people do not want my presence unless invited (whether personally or by way of signs, posts, ect).

Reasonable consideration: Somebody has an established settlement/mall/marketplace and wishes you to abide by established rules in that community. Reasonable - Plenty of other places for you to go if you don’t like it. Obviously though, different situation if you were there first and were absorbed.

Unreasonable (hasn’t happened, just pulling an example): Say I were to start a new public mine at a spot I had saved in a cave somewhere underground. Turns out, the perimeter of the area has now been plotted (edit: and it is a HUGE area, not just a small hotspot) and the owners contact me and want me to remove the mine because they want to keep the resource private, not have my portal leading in. Nope, not happening. Some might disagree on that one, but to me, blocking off resources falls into unreasonable because it puts the feelings of a few above a lot of others.

Also unreasonable to me would be, say, someone with just a few plots waayyy far away not wanting me plotting an area due to some big future project they have in mind. Vs reasonable, if I were fairly close and they were actively building, would probably step aside. Once again, the subjectivity falls into the line of determination, so for me personally, give benefit of the doubt and a lot of leeway, but at a certain point, if I find myself saying to myself, “REALLY?!” then we’ve crossed that line. :wink:

1 Like

Activate the PvP! It is time for us to solve this. :laughing:

2 Likes

Luckly most of mine will be ok. Only worried about the great iconicsberg bridge. Idea on plot width to pass the test?

The longer the road/bridge, the wider the overall plotted area needs to be. What it’s connected to can effect the score too, but the longer it stretches out, the lower the score will be.

1 Like

Quoted since I couldn’t have put it better myself. An excellent expression.

Though I suppose this could be interpreted to mean “go ahead and plot up to someone” I suppose.

What it really means is my personal liberty needs to end when it infringes on the liberties of others.

4 Likes

I guess this map is meant to make a point that the majority of players will be negatively affected by the new rules. But I can tell you at least for my stuff, that is all marked red, that it’s perfectly compact. It’s just not visible on the map. I guess that goes for a lot the other structures too. Except the planetary roads obviously and the spaghetti reservations.

A plot map would be way better, but I guess those are not available to download.
But iirc james is preparing something that will allow us to view plot maps of the live worlds with the affected beacons highlighted.

1 Like

I chose this map bc it’s the one Orrian was asking about in his previous post (I don’t know who belongs to what on it). Yes, this was just a quick image going off of what areas were visible…if most of these have plots that aren’t visible, then they might be fine. If they are nothing more than what’s shown, their compactness score will be too low or negative. It won’t matter if a bridge, for example, has no holes and is complete - it’s long shape will receive a low or negative score - the longer the shape, the worse it will be.

1 Like

Well, that would just work, if there would be the possibility of being a part of the MMO.
But James still said, that will not be possible. :wink:

However, i struggled with the Polls at #17 and later.
It is hard to decide if you don’t know all circumstances.
I did not vote #17, since i would say “not respectful” if i just would have this text, without any other information. But i can’t say “not respectful”, since i know circumstances.

And to be honest, some player started to try to make us bleeding.
Most disgusting for me was, that i was new in the Management when Ultima moved, and all these salty people have also made me bleed for supposed bad behaviour. That wasn’t respectful at all. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks all gods there was a plenty of nice people around who always had a good word and tip for me and helped us to keep the Hub up. :heart: