Do any of you actually build into caves?

or you guys just build houses and just use case for mining I think it would be pretty cool to make living quarters in the side of a mountain or cave let me know. I’m still very new so I don’t even know if that’s possible.

1 Like

There’s plenty of people who build in caves. There was someone that wanted to get a group effort going and make a whole town underground. Dunno if that ever happened tho.

I’m currently finally working on my base on McRib which is primarily underground. I have a small box on the surface that has a chute that leads straight to my main building which is mantle-20ish

4 Likes

the treasure hunt is entirely built in a cave system i believe

3 Likes

I enjoy doing underground chambers and tunnels - since I’m still not too good with the building aspect, easier to make those look nice, since I’m just focusing on the inside. My main settlement I’d guess is at least half below ground as far as my blocks.

I had found a huge, beautiful cave on Norkyna many months back, natural light streaming in from above, since I’m swimming in cubits I’m really considering claiming a bunch and making a run for Viceroy down there, making some sort of underground city.

1 Like

Still doing the fallout vault? i think that was you…

2 Likes

Yep! Put on hold though - I tend to do that sometimes, haha. :wink: But I should have mentioned that, yeah: Got a big Fallout Vault going underground! :smiley: Well, the bare bones of it anyways, still clearing space for the Vault itself, just got away from it while other projects popped into my head!

3 Likes

I do! I love caves! My bases on Trior are both built into cave systems. :blush:

1 Like

Oh I’m started on Trior and I’m still there learning the ropes. I would love. For you to show me them so I can get a basic idea.

I like to build my mining bases in lava caves, since nobody likes lava anyway :joy:

Oh so you like lava eh

4 Likes

yes! they are a bit harder to find, but I saw many cave builds and I myself am working on one too

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea, metal grid on the lava. :slight_smile: Cave I’m thinking about building in, was thinking I’d use deco glass blocks over it, but I think I’ll do some of that too!

2 Likes

All I know is I miss the large T1 caves like we had on Berlyn and some of the EA planets.

1 Like

I like to build in natural caves.
Like my small project at Ultima HQ at Eresho.
I saw other building into natural caves too.
But most “cave” buildings just are big retangular underground buildings.
Well better than overground block style houses :wink:

1 Like

That was me :slight_smile: I want to build a dwarven city

5 Likes

Just building my 2and cave/underground build on arie. Currently a cavern with pillar effect similar to moria, but much smaller scale.

Hollowed out an entire mountain for my last build

2 Likes

That remembers me on my idea, when i saw early in my first days these Big Crater, to make a Cave City at the Steep Slopes of these Crater.

A bit like this:

1 Like

I’ve wanted to make a fallout power armour still might.

1 Like

currently utilising natural caverns into my build on Boori, while also blowing blooming great big holes into hills.
My previous build was all mostly above ground but now I’m going underground, going underground, well the brass bands play and feet start to pound…
edit: not sure about the brass band though that would be amazing!

part of a converted natural cave system

and a newly bombed out hole

ignore the wip tree on left but here is bomb hole plus natural cave in my main workshop area

3 Likes

Petra?
10 char

1 Like