Do the Inorganic Crops need tweaking? POLL CLOSED

I cannot make my mind up on whether I think the Growth Pattern of Inorganic crops needs tweaking. I say this because I planted my combustion farm (2000ish) on the 29th of March and harvested them today and there were a fair few crops that weren’t ‘Ready to Harvest’. I don’t know if this is a good thing to have for balance, or whether they crops should have a maximum time limit to where they are ‘forced’ to grow onto the next stage. I can’t decide. Maybe there is already a max time until they are forced onto the next stage? If so does that need reducing?

EDIT: This is not a suggestion to reduced the time it takes to grow the crops, just the fail safe which could prevent some crops taking over a week to fully grow :slight_smile:

• Keep it the same
  • Have a max duration till forced growth/reduce the duration (if already in place)

0 voters

CLOSED POLL: Due to new information provided below

Like I said, I can’t decide what would be best. I bring this up now because I have seen a couple people bring this up on the forums recently :slight_smile:

I opted to “keep it the same”, as I know from previous topics, it’s not as easy as just giving each crop a fixed timer, which a forced growth stage will require.

3 Likes

That is perfect, pretty much exactly what I was looking for prior to this post! I understand how crops work now (never knew they ticked once a ‘game’ day. Also that makes total sense about the block-ids, would be mental :slight_smile:

Do you know how long a game day is?

I’m assuming this part…

… which is 24 minutes (I think … it’s Sunday though and my brain is relaxing so I could be wrong :man_shrugging:).

2 Likes

I could have found that information lol, but I too have Sunday brain. Fueled by only 4 hours of sleep :upside_down_face: Cheers for that Stretch, huge help! :fist:

2 Likes

Well I missed this pole but think there should be a max time. I was actually thinking about posting about exactly this also. I have my combustion and kindling on a 8 day cycle and there’s always some that isn’t fully grown. For example I’ll harvest the kindling and get 75 extra seeds and when I harvest the day I’ll get 15, day after that 50. It’s inconsistent, I harvest the same amount everyday and it’s been planted the same amount of time. So in my opinion and at the very least double the time should be max time it takes.

Another issue I’ve been seeing is in crop yields I often lose more seeds than I should according to the return it says I’m supposed to get.