Do we need a wipe?

If there comes a wipe I’m out… Said it before, we are not in EA anymore…

In other news:
No Man’s Sky Update out today! Byebye time to play Boundless all day!

1 Like

Nah you aren’t done yet, you’re still here :wink:

So far I’m reading post 37 and only the OP and you are in favour of it. Still wondering how many is many…

Sure, let them do a wipe, see if that works out well for them. I will be gone, and by the looks of the reactions here quite a few people will. No matter how many will leave or not the player base will become smaller and it gives a message to anyone else wanting to start to play that they are wasting their time trying to build anything bigger than a 2x2 plot building.

I’ve spent countless hours to where I am now, sure one can argue that if I can keep my coin and all stuff in inventory blabla that it is less bad, but the idea to just have to start building my workshop, farm and market and all farm hubs AGAIN, heck no, hard pass for me. I will find other games to play, thanks!

I’m in favor :joy: but I did say my opinion doesn’t count so I guess there’s that lol

It’s why I didn’t count you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also think your opinion is tainted by how you feel about the lighting update…

And have less players in each universe! Yes! Excellent plan!

/sarcasm

LOL, I call BS, that’s something that you feel would happen. You can’t prove any of that.

Why is it for people like you and Xalda, and anyone else who are in favour of this, so hard to imagine that people generally aren’t a fan of losing 100’s if not 1000’s hours?

And as I have said in previous threads like this and others have said here, if they do a wipe even tho the game has been advertised as being persistent and even tho we are paying for GC who says they won’t do it again because it’s ‘needed again’?

No thank you.

Only reason I can agree to a wipe is if there’s a Boundless 2.0 with a totally new engine that will allow the devs to do so many more nice things which has FULL PS5 support, new progression system, many new blocks but also possibility to add many more, more colours than 255, different type of servers where somehow we get less lag and more players at same time, etc., etc.

Then it’s basically a NEW game, then I can live with it. But not a mere wipe as it is now

Yes but not since boundless. And it doesn’t eat my money to leave it there for if i ever decide to go back.

Gleamclub is that same safety net. And until I finish one build and move on to an other project (off world). I’d like to keep the old and the ability to go back.

Btw if you want to compare so desperately with MC…
Most builds are on several different save files.
Because every time i had decent progress a new update would roll out and you couldn’t get certain items or world features in your world as it didn’t regenerate (Xbox and PS).
Even when it took them about 6 months to roll something out. Had even save files that kept crashing after 1 update and didn’t get fixed for several years.

Boundless has world regen so there is no real need to start over when something gets added.

1 Like

Not when it’s advertised as being persistent they don’t…

1 Like

Oh no I was for a wipe the last time it was brought up too if I didn’t have to start at level 0. I would have been good with lvl 25 and obviously all the plots I bought with real money which was a few hundred dollars worth. @Xaldafax can verify that too :blush:

Hmm, well ok then! One more for team Wipe! 4 are for a wipe now! Excellent, let’s do it! :joy:

1 Like

Sorry, apparantly you have not read the OP. I stated i have no real opinion. So please, Keep me out of this.
I created a “What if…” like so many other People do regulary. Nothing more and Nothing less.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I say again. A wipe and i’m out. Unless There becomes a possibility to save your stuff. And a full wipe fine but I want the money spent for cubits guaranteed back…

1 Like

If
If
If

So many ruddy conditionals you all like to put on it. to try to make something distasteful fit or sound a little better.

A Wipe is a wipe.

You get nothing, You start with nothing.

Stop trying to sell us Cheap Tacos by giving them a fancy name.

2 Likes

LOL, ok, then why start the thread, and it’s kinda hard to keep you out of this when you started it :wink:

1 Like

That will be a very bad idea when a lot of people bought cubits. Well 500 dollars in goodbye…

And even then, you gotta separate those who argue for wipes because they consider that starting over is a good experience to have / impermanence is beauty and all that rhetoric, from the people who would consider a wipe only if there was no other way to release a huge update, and with conditions.

I’d be in the later category, if there’s a blueprint feature to copy/paste builds.

1 Like

Well if I was to not get my $300+ worth of plots and cosmetic I would have been out. Character at 0 I could deal with. But losing actual money I couldn’t. And nor should I have to.

Also I couldn’t care less about the items and coin if everyone was starting in the same position. I can get all that back easily with my knowledge of the game.

1 Like

contradiction with

To be fair this whole post seems to be click/troll bait when there have already been so many other posts on the same subject.

It’s beginning to feel like a 7 year old constantly asking for chocolate until you finally concede after the 50th request or you end up just telling them off and sending them to their room.

5 Likes

Why i started this thread? I was curious how People would react. The reason i start all my threads.
You come in, all guns blazing pointing fingers where it is unnecessary. Why do you do it like that?

It is a what if thread to see how People feel in General and to spark a discussion how to make the current universe a better place or what safety guards, IF any would be needed, Need to be in place.
I never said and wont, we Need a wipe, as we clearly dont.

3 Likes

I do not concede with topics like this.

1 Like