Do you have / use any unique forged items?

Looking for ideas. I was wondering what kind of special forges you might use? Do you like any tool with an abnormal set of boons? Hammers with speed/dam/aoe and etc are pretty normal.

Topic for the day…

I use a rare type of grapple.
Umbris with Hookshot, projectile speed, range.

I have always had to get them custom forged.

I also have a hunger bomb relic. 99% dur. I’d let it go for 1m…

1 Like

Gathering shovels
Dura + Damage + Crit

Gathering axes
Dura + glow + loot

Building hammers
Damge + loot + dura

Also Fast shotguns are my favorite
AOE + Damage + speed

Not sure if any of those is unique

1 Like

Fists with range (a must for fists, default range is :face_vomiting:) + dmg + crit
Hammer & shovels - single hit or AOE, with lowwww dmg for gathering

3 Likes

Grapples with hook shot, love them but can’t find them anywhere. And I’m too lazy to forge my own.

2 Likes

I didn’t think too many people used hookshot…I seem to be wrong

1 Like

I find it useful for exploring and moving fast with alts that don’t have a lot of mobility. But it’s really dangerous unless you have fall damage lol

I only use emerald or umbris hookshot w/ proj speed and range : )
Edit: oh, I also always try to put ‘icy ground’ on them too.

1 Like

So you finally learned to not kill yourself with hook shoot? Or you just accepted the price to pay for that boon :joy:

1 Like

I recently had to make a post that @Cuetzpalomitl was able to fulfill for me. I wanted a fast tier 5 hammer (which seemed to be sapphire) for farming ore on T5’s. It was damage 8 with aoe 4 with whatever durabiity could be managed. I use a t3-t5 speed brew (sometimes it is hard to find t5s) with it and I think that is pretty fast. If I want to go slower, I can use at T3 str brew and I found out it turns in to a T6 hammer. After using some of the links I was given to better learn the game, it also seems that these same ‘low tier’ hammers, if it had the day/night mod with a T5 str brew, it would be able to one hit the rock on T7 planets. Maybe too much work with quirks though and thats why they are hard to find? I’d say that’s a pretty unique setup though!

I run around forge shops every other morning looking for ones that have the quirk “increase speed with full” or whatever it is as well. Im not sure why there aren’t more quirky items. A lot of them seem pretty helpful.

I’ve only been back playing after my first episode, where I lost everything to a dead beacon , some time ago and this time after learning more I have just enjoyed gathering resources, selling them, and then buying all the blocks I’ve needed and have found a place to build that I find nice.

The one shop I found myself at a lot was Golden Fist, as the amount of quirk tools there seem to be pretty solid, generally, and I am able to get a ROI of 5-8x the cost, depending on which hotspot I end up on top of.

1 Like

I have 0 energy consumption block changer chisels with max dura for personal use only ;3
The chisel that never stops changing blocks \ o_o /

2 Likes

AOE axes without damage or even the damage defect. mostly for harvesting crops with out breaking the block under them.

3 Likes

Oh yes! I made myself some high dura and reduced energy too.

2 Likes

Did some with reduced energy too. Getting the damn defect to reduce damage is not fun thi

I accept my fate, lol
I die maybe 20-40 times every time I play.

1 Like

I can imagine, its more of a “hey fyi, dont throw these away because I can use them for harvesting crops”

2 Likes

Does hookshot still kill you?

I wish there was a way to specify “all” as a trait for request baskets. However, maybe we can form a “forge fails collective” and find/sell forgefails for farming?

2 Likes

If you un-grapple right before hitting a surface, yes

2 Likes

Yeah kinda. If you ungrapple right before an angled surface, you’ll be launched… but if you miss the angle and hit a flat spot you splat, lol.

1 Like

Does anybody use Fists to collect Goo?