Do you / How do you use TOTEMS?

Forging in my mind. Do you use totems at all? I understand not everybody can craft the infamous Wayfarer totem, but that doesnt mean you cant use one. Im just wondering in what way the community likes to use Totems? Forged or not. Whether it be for Hunting, Mining, or traveling.

I use the good ol fashoned lootstick, usually only for hunting. I know others use it also for a mining lootstick but I prefer not to to save inventory space

I find its not viable to forge a damage 10 totem for mining itself because you can just do the same to a diamond hammer more easily and do basically as much damage, even against soil and leafs

1 Like

I always carry a stack of totems. gleambow as low tier 1 hit universal tool, wayfarer lootstick and solidifier and 3 of each augment. a lot of uses in 1 stack. so a big yay for totems from me

I carry 9 totems on me at all times. At least 8 of which have a rez in them. I have solidifiers,aoe,single target on me. A few of which are actually light/loot(maxed) and sinking feeling. So I can build in water/general without any issues or get lamella

I use them as loot sticks/torches/general whackers/goo collectors. They’re quite easy to forge auto loot and torch on to and I like to add as much dura to them as I can for the third boon.

I also forge AOE ones with enough damage for him to 1 shot any block on a T2 planet which is home for my builder to use. This eliminates the need to carry a hammer and a shovel and an axe saving on inventory clutter… and of course they stack with his loot sticks which I use for whacking single target blocks.

1 Like

A wayfarers totem with max damage forged into it will save on inventory space especially on exo worlds as you won’t need to carry axes, shovels, or hammers. however if mining you may still want those aoe hammers.

1 Like

Totems are my loot sticks for hunting I can loot an revive people at the same time :slight_smile:

I use my totem as an autolooter/light/sinking feeling

Gathering I prefer Max mag, Max loot (Dmg if able to) and sinking feeling quirk.

Why not an axe?

I love putting the slow mo quirk on them loot sticks too. Extra run speed ftw!

I forged some Wayfarer’s Totems into universal whacker/looter tools for clearing Tier 1 regions for farming and building. It’s nice to use a Hitz-All to just zone out and carve up the landscape without having to involve any higher brain functions for a while.

1 Like

Not as fancy :rofl:

What about rift axe? :sunglasses: Lol

Saving rift for shield and armour :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Loot stick and light. With damage or durability. Just put more in my store actually.

Another great one I like to make out of totems is the “lawnmower” forged with AOE, busy bee and dura. These are great for gathering exo coloured grass seeds and as always they don’t require an extra inventory slot as they stack with my other collection of totems. I usually forge these out of gleambow totems for the extra reduction to damage while still having a reasonable amount of durability.

2 Likes

Imagine the day when wayfarers are no more…

1 Like

This + :100: . I prefer totems, but occasionally have to settle for shovels for grass collection.

1 Like

Is this like the end of Sixth Sense where I find out I am actually dead and can’t make totems anymore? Now I need to find a mirror.

Edit: Just checked, don’t scare me like that!