Do you use Single hit hammers?

Another attempt to understand the player base…

Do you use forged single hit hammers? How so?

I have come to realize I forge lots of AOE tools but few single hit tools. I would like to expand what I offer…

1 Like

I use forged single hit hammers on the daily. It’s nice to one shot anything I want on most planets. It’s great for when clearing out areas when I’m building. It saves me from carrying shovels and axes

4 Likes

What kinda buffs do you prefer?

I use diamond hammers with DMG, MAG and GLOW for mining. Use them to break seams, Save’s my sapphire AOE speed hammers for destroying the mountain!

2 Likes

I use Single Hit Hammers for when I’m building I live on Houches so it’s necessary lol
Normally with Auto Harvest

2 Likes

Topaz with max light dura and magnet. I’ll buy them.

2 Likes

Only for building.

2 Likes

I use single hits for building.

Glow is nice.
The loot magnet is nice in case block is out of normal reach.
Dur is good
Dmg is good for higher tier planets due to block strength

1 Like

Dmg spd dura is my normal.

Edit: tho I stick to diamond. If I used sapphire I might not feel like I need speed on them.

1 Like

I forge single hit diamond hammers with speed, damage and durability for my builder to make it easier to do percise demolishing, in situations where 3x3 would be overkill or break blocks I dont want broken.

2 Likes

I use single hit axes only because swords aren’t a ‘thing’ in Boundless. :roll_eyes:
Max DMG & durability.

Hammers are strickly AoE business for me.

Typically I hammer spec. so axes give me a bit more control for building/ targeted clearing.

3 Likes

Those are my ‘around the house’ hammers. I like glow and a little bit of damage (I live on t1)

2 Likes

I forge them with as much damage as possible to break wood, dirt or whatever gets on my way XD

3 Likes

I use single hit hammers with DMG, SPD, DURA to punch nasty critters while on mining skill set. 1 or 2 are usually at the end of my hammer smart stack.

1 Like

Is it possible to use hammers as weapons like a dwarf? Practically speaking, if I wanted to roleplay a space dwarf in an oortian body?

Out of curiosity, you know?

Not saying I would, but maybe.

You’ll know it’s me in a hunt party, trying it out, if you see it.

4 Likes

Yes:

When I’m modifying an existing build - I need to be precise when removing specific blocks.
—any single hit hammer will do (usually one without speed).

When I need to drill a hole to get down to the correct altitude for specific gems.
—this is usually a hammer with spd/dmg + glow or dura.

When I’m gathering surface plants, I prefer to use a single hit gem shovel that doesn’t have max dmg (so that it doesn’t destroy the ground before I harvest the plant). A little extra speed is ok.

3 Likes

Let’s run a hammer/axe hunt!
Sorry for off-topic, lol.
(But really.)

3 Likes

I love it. Im down to participate if that happens

3 Likes

I’m in. Rawr! Space dwarfs unite!

4 Likes

Only if it happens on a rift planet

3 Likes