Dragons Watch

I just saw this while I was there. Incredible build!

1 Like

The point is, the devs dont inject more coins in the game right now but they sink coins by charging for teleport and with these taxes. As i said before, this will lead to a bleed of everyones coins and nobody will be able to buy anything. For now, the devs should really concentrate on finding a balance way of injecting money in the game, once you reach lv 50 mining you can’t really make coins with lv up so you try to sell things.

Pleanty of people are still earning coin faster than they are spending it on warps and taxes. The economy is still in a bare bones state, as is other contributing mechanics like progression and mob drops. Eventually, the money from that tax may go into the hands of a player held central guild, who can then spend that money back into their own community. If you can’t see the justification for it, you may simply not be seeing all of the parts that have yet to be implimented.

Well to be truly honest, Ive only been playing for around 3 weeks, and consider that coins aren’t that scarce of a resource. Should you mind what you spend on, and how much you travel back and forth? You should? should it be to this extent? Maybe not for some, since they spent their coins early on, not knowing most you could get fairly easily.

I think tax is important, inflation is not bad, inflation with no measure and control is bad. As the game grows, we need to control the market flow, to ensure people keep trading.

Things may not be as balanced now, since things like coin drop, skills, etc are not yet in the game.

But things are not in a state where it affects gameplay, if only, affecting extreme coin usage tendencies

1 Like

No Havok, your wrong, i see clearly the point of it, there’s just no point in paying those right now. If you can’t see the justification for my comment, you may be just trying to justify something that is of no use right now and is bad for the economy of the game in is current state.
@Dzchan94, taxes in an economy does nothing to control inflation, you pay taxes and income for services not for inflation. Inflation comes from lending money and collecting interests

The surplus of income that comes from new players, need to be controlled, just adding more money into the system, with no way to keep it under control, will just make things go up, since the perceived value of things will go up.

While tax is not the way they control the inflation in the real world, it for certain creates the feeling in Boundless of there being a way to control the state of the game. Is the economy in the game perfect? Nope.

Should we be having tax or no tax right now? When no perceived value is generated from paying taxes? That’s something to discuss, I believe it’s a valuable feature, and should be tested, if we go with no tax, then we will not get to test, how important it is. And personally I think, it helps with keeping a more active community, which will trade and travel not just by plinths, but by the actual trading system, since it has no tax to talk about.

You all make great points and this conversation needs to happen but this is the dragons watch thread. There is already a thread called “players charged a 10% boundless tax” may I respectfully ask that this conversation be continued there? :boundless:

5 Likes

What bugs me right now is not the taxes. It’s the fact that in one big community, i’m the only one with active buying plinth. If everyone has so much money, why do nobody buy things with buying plinth? And to make my point more “dragon watch” i would really like to see some people in need of something on their buying plinth. Everywhere i go is the same, people selling but nobody’s buying.

I wiped your store out last night, I am broke :frowning:

Your my best customer for sure @onebitknightly, do you have some dark blood, ill buy in game for high price?

I am working on growing the roads this week, I might head out Friday to hunt. I want to make more roads to get more ppl so we can have more shops selling and buying. Also I see some buying plinths out there now just not as many or as much as you have.

True, there needs to be more trading, I’ve spent around 30k buying though, just need to finish the dragon, so I can start on the shop.

I have dark blood for sale at my place at Dragon’s Watch

Hei guys,

I am interested in joining this town, and I would love to talk to you guys also, can you please send me the Discord invite?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Like

NVM the link, found it on top! :slight_smile:

Please can we haw a shot on Therka market to (in its thread)?

4 Likes

Okay, I will get my huge telescope out.

6 Likes

Anyone selling chisels?

Yea I have a few for sale coming soon, they are up now.

Thanks, 1,000 coin round trip to go get one.

1 Like