Duel Shield Wielding

That’s actually a really intuitive way of adding character progression without levels, I can see a system like that working in Oort quite well. Might be something for the devs to consider.

i always loved the system, there are literally 515 different abilities in the game (even more now that they added additional auxillery weapons), you can equip 7 passives and 7 actives at any time and 1 of each can be an elite ability which is better than the others.

and you pick and use 2 weapons side by side, so my main is assaultrifle lifeleech and claw weapon healing. you could also go tanking with chaos magic and swords, or use any combination of weapons, i use shotgun and elemental magic for my dps.

A really interesting way of working around people just playing for ages and getting broken op with tons of abilities. By letting them pick a set few out of tons more the game becomes more play style oriented in terms of combat which I like the sound of a lot.

If I could use Dual shield weilding, I would use it when I wanted to dash through a dangerous place without dying and without getting involved in a fight. (perhaps transporting goods between towns, or getting to a portal through a battlefield.)

1 Like

Dual shield weilding might be used for when you want to be ignored.

1 Like

It’s so ■■■■■■■ illogical that I love it! I mean from an originality standpoint a double shields approach would be pretty baller. +1 cookie

I see nothing illogical about the idea. Give me some arguments.

Shields = defense. slow. heavy (not counting tiny shields as shields. at that point it’s forearm mounted spikeyness.
Have you ever tried to hit someone with a shield? News flash- that ■■■■’s hard to do and really ineffective. Your attack has poor leverage, very little reach, and not a whole lot of power.
That said, I would love some shield magic (like maybe pulses from the shields / magic shielding bubbles an stuff) Plus charging with shields could be a pretty good brute force attack, and maybe spinning with them would be pretty good too? Idk. It’s hard to see how shields (of any sort of decent size or shieldiness) could be used in combat without a little bit of rule breaking and physics twisting. I could see it being really fun though- dont get me wrong. realistically it’s just illogical though.

1 Like

Shields = very good at attacks you have very little chance to evade or even counter.
And no matter what you say, the little shields are shields too.
An attack would have normal reach, depending on the size of the shield, and much more power than a normal sword swing because you can put your whole body weight into it. Which makes up for the smaller leverage.

A spin attack of course doesn’t work in real life. But hit someone with a shield and follow it up with a swing or ram attack and your opponent is in great trouble. If your opponent is on the ground once you have practically won. He has no chance to get back up and you can hit with the edge of any shield and break bones, skulls (which technically is a bone) or even amputate some things if you hit hard enough and/or it has a sharp edge.
It would be very close quarter combat but that’s not a downside per se.

I mean there surely is a reason people stuck with sword and shield most of the time. But it’s not as unpractical to fight with two shields as you want it to be.

No, they are bucklers xD

doesn’t that go under shields?^^

…Good point.

I mean now I remember what their name is so thanks for that^^

Honestly I think two of almost anything would be great,but dual wielding shieds,no. It very improbable,you can’t attack with a shied and it won’t help you take less damage. Sorry but,in a manga it’s a cool idea,but in Oort no.:innocent:

sorry too, but that is just not true.

Considering how much area you can actually block and deflect attacks from, i dont think this is true either.

however it is hard to prove from my side since there arent alot of documentation of it being used, cause why would you, but that is the beautiful thing, you can do stuff like this in games, in games you can make awesome weapons and combos and fight in ways you cant in real life, a perfect example that people have accept is Cloud from final fantasy

that sword would not be possible to use in real life.

1 Like

Well yes you can attack with a shied,but I don’t think I would be a good idea. You’d have to get closer to the target than necessary,plus if it’s a throwing shied,while it was gone you would be open.

No, cause you would still have the other shield. BAM, LAWYERED, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

nah you are quite right, in terms of realism it is not ideal, as we also established, neither is dual wielding, that doesnt mean its not fun, also this was something i wrote back on the old forums and since Ben said we can have 1 thing in each hand but not use them at the same time, i find it highly unlikely that dual shields would be a thing anyways, i just suggested it because i find the idea damn cool and rarely used :smile:

1 Like

Of coarse you can’t use the sword in life(it would be cool if you could)
Even then,games still have rules,and one is one thing will not for one system,and work for another. If I can’t take two swords and swing twice as fast,than why would you be able to reduce the damage you get more than one shield?:neutral_face:

which is what i also wrote. in case you missed it

in the suggested system it wont fit, but i wrote this just about 10 months ago, where we had no info on combat :smile:

But yeah it would be pretty cool if you had a DW shield with poison sticks or something.