Duplicated Settlement Names due to Guild Alignment

I’m not sure about the current system of guild alignment. It seems most people are forming guilds as settlements which just leads to duplicated settlements on the world list.

Currently if I align my beacon to a guild and place a block inside it adds prestige to both the settlement and guild settlement.

Wouldn’t a better system be to subtract the prestige of aligned beacons from the settlement? This ensures no dupes whilst also preserving the ability of forming guilds to stop hostile takeovers.

Or as Ark suggests, maybe have a separate list for guild settlements.

3 Likes

I think the only change really needed is to put Settlements and Guild Settlements in separate lists.

7 Likes

I like that idea too. But wouldn’t that mean you could still be taken over without permission?

1 Like

Not at all, those are different systems. I’m not saying anything needs to work any different, just displayed different in the menus.

3 Likes

Good point. So rather than my settlement showing twice on the world list (because it-s aligned to a guild), it would show once as a settlement on the normal list and once on the guilds list?

1 Like

Exactly!

10 characters

I like both ideas! I think that one of both indeed should happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

If a settlement is part of another settlement it should not be displayed seperately.

2 Likes

Are you saying aligned beacons should not be displayed as a separate settlements?

Perhaps add if they have rhe same name

So are you suggesting settlements should only merge if they have the same name?

No.

I am suggesting that if a sub-settlement, ie. the guild one, has the same name as the greater settlement they are in then do not list the sub settlement in the Worlds tab.

If they don’t have the same name list them both since that might mean there was a merge at one point.

Only actual true settlements should show in the world settlement list. I can no longer view the top 5 settlements because of this. Guild settlements should keep their name, and there should be a separate list for guilds.

2 Likes

Yeah that is what I proposed earlier as well but then I realised that if town A took over town B and guild A has more prestige than guild B then the overal ‘true/greater/whatever you wanna call it’ settlement will then replace A’s entry and town A will never be listed again.

Hence why I said that they should only show the greater settlement and not the one located with in it IF, and only IF the 2 are named exactly the same. If they are different then they should still be listed as a seperate entity.

2 Likes

James agrees it needs to be improved:

4 Likes

Can any beacon on any planet align with a guild? - if that’s the case the leaderboard for Guilds should show the total prestige for all planets.

+1 for the Worlds -> Settlements to only show the “greater” settlement.

2 Likes

The issue with keeping both and only showing the prestige of both greater settlement and guild settlement unless they are named the same is the fact it’s still open to abuse since someone could name their settlement “Town” and then they align and call it “Town2” and both would still be listed since the names are different.

And he also agrees with what I said :wink:

1 Like

Why would anyone want to have the lesser settlement have a different name just so it can be listed twice?

I don’t see the point…

Prestige should not be counted twice in a single leader board.

First and second place of Niia are the same thing (see coords), but with a different name. There is no sane reason why the second biggest city should be moved to place three because of that.

PRESTIGE NAME PLANET COORD1 COORD2
9,246,499 Bayern Niia Zed Ka -352N 80E
8,178,066 Orden des Steins Niia Zed Ka -352N 80E
1 Like