Dyspas PvP Concept/Idea

Personal requests like a player runs a certain shop, the owner is away and so the player will request an item with payment or something attached to it so when owner comes back and checks the board they can accept request and sent them the item in the mail or decline and money would automatically go back with a reason if s/he gives one.

Neat idea but how does this belong to the topic(PvP concepts)?^^

Hired hits?

1 Like

I was just explaining to you cause you asked what requests were for, I’m sure it was for the personal bulletin board, the town/kingdom bulletin board would show the Wanted Players who are player killers for that idea. lol

this is an awesome idea, and looks inspired by Sword Art Online, which I love, but I must say I see a glaring flaw in this system. For a system that is built to promote law and order, it favors the ruthless player killers far beyond the peaceful citizen. Because attacking a hostile player can alter a good/neutral players status, hostile players have a first strike advantage. This alone can win many encounters. Secondly, bystanders are discouraged from aiding a victim because if they kill the aggressor, they find their statuses altered as well. This allows a single hostile player to either kill with impunity, or flag multiple citizens as hostile as well.

So, what if the rule is tweeked so that attacking a hostile player does not flag you as hostile? This enables a new loophole, bait and gank. This loophole works by getting a player to strike another player first, then swarming them with green flagged players. A group of players can all kill one target with no repercussions because the target was baited into attacking first.

6 Likes

How about adding more categories to fill the gaps like the one you just mentioned

I can’t think of any categories that would solve these issues. The system is flawed at it’s core. As long as players are categorized automatically, the system can and will be exploited.

There is a good reason most pvp-based games are either opt-in or global pvp. It’s simpler, fairer, and can not be exploited.

1 Like

I’m sure it could be worked out lol i don’t see the issue as a huge one

Most PVP based games normally try and be a standard PVP based game and don’t do something like this not because simpler or fairer but more likely because it was never in the development plans

Just like some games have elves while other don’t. it just means they didn’t add elves

Some people base there games off of similar things while others try something new if its good then other games then try the idea

how about greens are innocent bystanders never attacked anyone but can turn blue by killing reds but not orange players, blues are protectors in the fact that they can kill reds without penalty even if they strike first but not the orange players , orange players are people who have committed small amounts of crime and turn to red if they attack to many greens or blues but not reds and can accept red hunting quests(to kill red players)to bring up there criminal rank to blue or serve jail time to become green again, reds are people who kill often and cannot go any lower they can be attacked by any player without penalty they would have to serve jail time or do several reforming duties to leave being red, time will not alter their status they will have to work at becoming green again

1 Like

Id say let greens be safe but if they go into a PVP zone or toggle into PVP then they become something new like say brown then they could be killed in certain areas and also let other know they can kill them

I think green if they behave should stay safe except if they go to an unsafe zone

reds and blues should be in open PVP maybe not in certain areas like towns but mostly every where else as being a killer or an enforcer is a choice

could have a purple that like a maybe group like someone that steals or does something in but fall in a grey area like if they were sneaky about it

the jail time thing would be super easy to abuse and also be a bad outlook for the game oort if it was a form of punishment

well i meant an archeage kind of jail system like if they are killed by an enforcer they go to jail when they re-spawn and they are there for a predetermined time according to how many crimes they have committed i stole so much in archeage that i ended up with a jail sentence of well over 2 and a half hours, maybe not that severe of a time like put a limit on how long jail time can be plus what would be the point of being a criminal if there aren’t consequences

yea i dont see anyone taking that too well once they have to deal with it

like if you buy a game for fun and mess around and kill your friends and they do the same but an enforcer gets you now you have to wait 2 hours not being able to play the game

Like you might get a way with like 3 mins and also include a lock picking skill but a jail system would be better for like a fun play around thing rather thing a crazy punishment

Is there really an problem between PvP Players and PvE players out there? All I see is one betewwn the damn Griefers and their attempt to somehow get a System to grief Buildings easily (Sieging) and the Builders who want to pervent that. I didn’t see anything between PvP and PvE players…

siege thing really wasn’t for greifing mostly just you taking it as one

1 Like

i would like to point out once again, the worlds are most likely going to split up either being a pvp or a pve world. so pve players are not a problem, if they go there its their own fault

also i already proposed this system a while back, also the part of enforcers, but lets leave that for now.

i think we should just go full sword art online.

green = no player killed the last 48 hours
Orange = Dealth damage within the last 48 hours
Red = Killed another player within the last 48 hours.

if you kill a green player you go red, but if a green player kills a red he wont get any penalty. however. if you kill an orange player you dont get penalty either.

let me try to illustrate:

Player A meets player B in the fields, they are both green
Player B attacks player A and turns orange, there are now 2 outcomes

1. Player A is superior, he kills Player B but doesnt get punished, since it was selfdefense

2. Player B wins and kills player A, player B turns into a red player.

The idea about enforcer was also what i wrote, it wasnt meant like that but as a sort of reward tokens.

so lets say that everytime a player kills a green player he gets 1 ‘‘Blood point’’ that stays forever, so he can see / take pride in all of his kills, when you reach 20 Blood points you will get a dark red name whenever you reset the ‘‘dangerous’’ status. so people can see that they really have killed. alot

Everytime a green player kills a red player he gets 1 ‘‘Honor point’’ at 25 honor points he gets a blue name.

that will create a sort of fluid ‘‘faction/RP war’’ without too much of a bother. the most important parts of this those

1. the player will stay red for 48 hours, orange for something like 12 hours.
  2. a blue player would have same rules, when he enters combat with a red player (no matter who starts) he will go from green to blue to kinda make the opponent player go ‘‘Dang. shouldnt have done that’’

the blue player is not even needed, but it would be nice since it again would create the fluid combat.

to the original post? 20+ kills in a week is waaay too much.

3 Likes

When i said jail time i didnt mean for it to be as drastic as 2 hour oh god i hated it i just dug for spoons so i could escape

1 Like

There’s some really cool ideas in there, nice job Kerpie!

1 Like

I really like the general idea and the presentation is very nice, though I would make this system way more strict. So, here are my ideas for improvement:

1. Orange players can be attacked inside their beacon with war declaration, the blocks inside their beacon regenerate after a few hours.
  2. You become a red player after killing 3 green or blue players, or after killing 10 orange players.
  3. Red players can be attacked inside their beacons without war declaration. Blocks inside their beacons regenerate after they return to another state (orange).
  4. After a week of being red, you can return to orange instead of green.
  5. Blue players return to being green after losing their titles (while hunting red players, killing a few more or less “innocent” characters happens easily).

But all in all, I really like the idea, I just think it is far too difficult to become a red player. I mean, if you killed 15 innocent players in one week, wouldn’t that be more than enough?

Thank ya @ben!

1 Like

why so few kills before becoming red then there isn’t really a purpose to being a criminal if its to easy to become one