Dyspas PvP Concept/Idea

not as much criminal as dangerous. i would still go with being red for 48 hours or so, not just a week where you need to commit genocide to even get close to becoming red. there is going to be a need for reset though, would suck to get marked crimial for all eternity

Pvp player is not the same as a griefer.

well im only talking about maybe 20-30 kills and i don’t like the daily reset that’s to easy maybe a week or two’s wait or at least more than five days b4 you reset to wat ever color you will go back to that way people who want to stay red after they become red dot have to murder people every day just to keep up the status or maybe after so many kills it would up the time you stayed red lets say i murdered 50 i the have a 1 week wait before my criminal status goes down

I like your idea a lot, I would just like to see it tweaked.

First: Don’t reset it weekly, make it monthly, especially if it is NOT global.

Second: I would say dont set it to be different for worlds, but rather Tiers of worlds.
Ex: on all tier 1 worlds I am blue, but on tier 3 worlds I am far more aggressive going for monsters, loot and dungeons and I am orange/red. - The reason for this is clear, I am aggressive and not going to let other players take my monsters and possibly loot on planets I am trying to progress on, but on homeworlds I am a nice and peaceful person.

Third: I think you would need another Tier of people. Your Blue, Green, Orange, Red is fine but lets add a Purple or something to be the Orange version of Good. To me getting to red from orange takes too long, and players should be cautious of Orange players. To say that all Orange players are bad in your scenario is wrong though as they may be being calibrated towards becoming blue, but I may not know.

Last: Can Blues always kill reds without any penalty? I believe they should be able to…

Its a well thought out and good PVP system tho, and I like it :smiley:

1 Like

Why is everyone so obsessed on a reset(every month or week)? That means that you could kill as many players as you want and could be completely innocent a few days after…
In my opinion it would be a much better system to slowly decrease the “redness”/kill-count (maybe 1 kill per day) until you are on 0/green again.
So if i just got mad at someone and killed him and a few of his friends im only red for 4-5 days, but if i kill player on a regular basis it would need several weeks/maybe even a month to be green/trusted again.

4 Likes

I would be fine with this as well, I just want something so that bad reputation is never permanent.
I think this could also lend itself to having like a top 10 in terms of negative rep (red) and then people could put out bounties on said players.

Would agree with this as well, as long as penalty still only goes up on killing green players. and i still think it should be

Green = Innocent player
Orange = Attacked another player
Red = Killed another player

as b00n pointed out, as long as something like this is not permanent. but im not really sure about the other peoples ideas of having it world/tier split. i would personally prefer if you actually decide to kill an ‘‘innocent player’’ you have to take the concequence, if not then what is to stop me from entering a pvp world i never play and just do a complete genocide, and then switch back to my usual pvp / pve world.

A bounty system is also something in kinda interested in, generally because i like the idea, but there are just 2 things

A) im not sure how useful it is
B) im not sure how it could be done in a fun way without being abuseable.

meaning how would it work? i can understand the idea of placing a bounty, sort of ‘‘quest’’ (as i talked about in my post about quest boards) but how would it detect it? would every player drop a certain item on death? (kinda like mortal that drops the persons head…ofc it shouldnt drop a head, but maybe a ‘‘Player X Death token’’) would you just automatically complete the quest… or how…

i would be for bounty boards, but only if pvp is going to matter. if it is going to be a bigger part of the game and there are going to be people who kill other people, i also believe we should be able to make a bounty system.

I believe @ben had discussed a “bag of ben” tokens in the past. Maybe upon death players may drop a death token…

yeah it is a pretty good idea dont you think?

Yeah, I think the way it would work is that you create a post on a board saying you want “x wanted player” killed and when someone brings back that players death token they can claim the reward :wink:

I dont think players should put bounties on ANYONE only players that are top 10-20 of the most wanted. I also dont think claiming a bounty should put you any closer to “red” player status

ehhhhh… not only the top players, i think you should be able to put a bounty on anybodys head as long as they have over lets say 10 - 15 bloodcount. not only people who are insane psycho killers, it might be a person who is harrassing a certain guild or such.

Yeah, I know me and you have kinda gotten off topic here but that would be really neat.
From a coding standpoint if they could make it so that players only drop a death token if they have a bounty would be really neat as well.

yeah indeed, but not really off topic, since its still within pvp.

token on death is kinda neat, might be used for other things too.

I think they should make it so that when a player is in combat with a creature, they cannot be attacked. That way people aren’t being ganked when fighting a battle.

But makes me wonder, what happens to items in our inventory/bags?

no to being immortal in pve fights, its a risk

for the question

Well how i think it could work is a town has a bounty bored all reds that are in a certain area from that town could show up on it. Blues that take a bounty can stay blue while if a green and maybe orange take a bounty they change to say a purple showing that they are a bounty hunter and now are in PVP mode that what no one has the disadvantage of the other having to attack first.

If the tax thing was added it could be used to pay for bountys that are not requested by a player.

Hm, so I guess there is a risk, maybe have to bring a body guard or something when out hunting. lol

I think greens should be left alone except if they are in a non safe zone like a open PVP zone seeing as how a lot of greens will be made up of people that don’t wanna do PVP and might not go to unsafe zones thus making it based on killing greens could make this whole idea stagnate

seems overly complicated. now to the actual thing

1. general area? what if the area is 200 blocks and their base is 250 blocks away
  2. what if they are not in the given area at the time
  3. what if they go to another server

etc… etc…

i think bounty boards would be fine, but they would have to be

A) playermade and player driven (meaning that they target a player and they use their own gold as the reward, determining how much killing the person is worth)
B) not overly complicated and not determined on distance. if i make a bounty i want this dude dead, no matter where

also something that could be taken into consideration, why only target red players? i know you call it a bounty board but it might as well work as an ‘‘assassination job’’ board.