Early backer perks?

Updated original thread. :slight_smile:

Happy to be patient, what’s the average expected wait time for support tickets? Thanks

first, i have only read the first 3-4 post, that mean dont cry if i say the same as a other person :wink:

You cant craft golden fist with explorer pack.
Wayfarer Totem is for Wayfarer pack and over
Explorer Fist is for Explorer pack and over
Golden Fist is for digital delux pack from steam and ONLY for this

that mean you get only the forum title and the explorer fist ingame more not. if you still want the golden fist ask some other people to build them for you or you need to buy the deluxe upgrade

i hope this help you @Rolco

goldfist

That’s very helpful. Thanks dude.

That’s such a shame, both packs just say craft exlusive weapon at first glance so I thought it was all going to be the same thing and no need to upgrade. Which in hindsight was only a couple dollars extra. Hurts my heart.

Will have to buy them in game I suppose. It doesn’t get much more early back than when I started. Come on devs hook a brother up, I’d pay the difference :wink:

Is this pack still available for purchase? I thought it was a limited time thing. Any clarification appreciated.

You guys are the best help. Thanks so much

From what I hear this upgrade is not available on PSN but if you’re on steam it’s in the store.

My son and I bought the deluxe in Oct when Steam released it and we got both, the Iron first and the Gold Fist. Thought Explorer title was from the forum as the title for a first time player who was seen as a person exploring the planets for the first time.

Had wondered why it had never gone up to another level like many forums do.

Yeeeehaaa. So keen. Thanks all

Also from the DDE for PS4.

the package you buy with explorer pack was only early access, the delux is avaible all time

Just to recap:

There were early backer tiers that granted special items:

• Explorer granted the Explorer’s Fist weapon
  • Wayfarer granted the Wayfarer’s Totem tool
  • All early backers got free access to a special mask (“craftable wearable”) in the Exchange

After 1.0 was went live in August 2018 I could craft the Explorer’s Fist and the Wayfarer’s Totem because I was an early backer.

When Boundless went GA in September 2018, the devs announced the Digital Deluxe edition, which came with a special weapon, the Golden Fist. Shortly it was discovered that there was a snafu with some of the early backer upgrade keys on Steam and there was a kerfuffle. As a result, Digital Deluxe subscribers ended being treated essentially like the early backer Explorer. I suspect some kind of internal enumeration or bitmap clash, but at this point they’re essentially the same in terms of benefits down to the tag you can display beside your name. Note that other perqs were adjusted for backers at the same time.

In short, if you buy the DDE you can feel like an early backer, but without the experience of being a block of cheese running around whacking headless turkeys or the ability to fall off the edge of the world. You can craft the Golden Fist, and evidently the Explorer’s Fist because you’re treated as an Explorer early access backer.

To make it more confusing, if you’re an early-access Explorer, you still need to purchase the DDE to be able to craft the Golden Fist.

2 Likes