Early backer perks?

Hi fam.

I purchased and played boundless since 2016. Then took a big break just after the progression system dropped.

Would I be entitled to the early backer stuff and how do I go about claiming it?

Edit, purachsed $35 explorer pack with proof of purchase.
I’ve emailed support 3-4 days ago. No response yet, not even an automated response.

I’m after the gold fist weapon. Could I get any support? Thank you

It’s probably a good idea to remove your email so you don’t get a bunch of spam from random web crawlers.

Did you just buy the cheapest version of boundless, or did you get a founder’s pack?

email might be better for this question too: support@turbulenz.com

Eh, he has the explorer title on his forum name.

Rolco can you craft wayfarer totems?

1 Like

Thanks dude! Didnt think of that.

Yep I got the explorer pack. Now I remember

So it should just show up in game right? Thanks for the comments legends

Wayfarer’s Totem is craftable by Early Backer packages of Wayfarer and up. So if he bought Explorer he wouldn’t be able to craft it.

1 Like

Ok, and I see it now. I have only skimmed over these images in the past and didn’t honestly consider that there was both a craftable tool, and a craftable weapon. Based on other conversations I’m assuming that this was the explorer’s fist.

Today was the first time I realized that a craftable wearable was also on the list. :eyes:

The totem is a tool. The fist is a weapon.

I’ve always wondered what the deal is with the Explorer tier and the Explorer’s Fist. If I’m not mistaken I was always able to craft it (and have the tag on the forums too), but I only bought the game after release some time in September 2018. The same seems to be the case for my friend who got me into the game.

Was that not supposed to happen?

Explorer seems to have been tied to the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Not as far as I know, it’s the “exclusive weapon” from the explorer tier. I don’t think it can be defined as exclusive if non-backers can craft it as well.

@ark But wasn’t it craftable by explorer+ backers before the DDE even existed?

My wife and I began our Boundless journey on September 23rd, 2018. Boundless was released as 1.0 on September 11th, 2018. Despite that, we both are identified as Explorer backers. We both bought the DDE. I have no idea about whether or not the item was craftable prior.

1 Like

Interesting, I purchased the DDE on October 15, 2018. The explorer title/badge is not available to me.

Yep, I started on the 21st of September, however I only decided to upgrade to the DDE late November and I was definitely able to craft the fist beforehand, since it carried me through early and mid game.

Fists and totems are weird in general, I’m not a fan of the whole item crafting exclusivity thing. That was one of the bigger disappointments with the game I ran into early on, when I learned that I may not ever be able to have the same access to recipes as everyone else.

Did you have the explorer title prior to the upgrade? I’m not too concerned about the title, but it would be interesting to know the circumstance or when the cutoff was. I’ve seen some saltiness about the explorer’s fist but, meh, looks like that package was a little cheaper than steam’s retail for 1.0

To be honest when I opened up that level of weapon crafting there it was, the gold fist was stated as part of the DDE but I never knew until later that every player couldn’t craft the iron fist.

Which reminds me, I bought the Boundless Deluxe Edition on Steam, and it mentions an “exclusive in-game title” but I… don’t… think I have that…? Unless I’m too dumb to get that I have it.
I was supposed to have a free 30 days of Gleam Club, and in retrospect, I’m 99% sure I never got that. Always had to rely of fuel before I manually bought the Gleam Club, and it wasn’t free.
I did get the golden fist weapon, though.

I remember that there was a booboo made somewhere so people buying base game and/or Deluxe would get the Explorer’s fist as well even tho they shouldn’t have. It was later corrected…

I’m really not sure, I want to say I did because I seem to remember thinking that Explorer was just the forum title for “new” basically. I had no idea about backer tiers at the time, but I’m also not sure when I did actually join the forums, and can’t seem to check.

It doesn’t really make sense that a normal account would randomly get assigned Explorer with the fist recipe unlock if it wasn’t intended, so for a while I thought it was just unlocked for everyone who bought the game after release, but apparently not. Maybe only on Steam? So maybe I’m wrong, but I definitely feel like I managed to go to T3 within the first two months which is where I first crafted them.

So @Goblinounours caused me to do some additional research.

It appears that I do carry the explorer title in game, which presumably includes access to the explorer’s fist.

I’m not sure what’s up on the forum but that part isn’t important to me as I already choose not to display the badge that I have.