Better late than never : Deluxe Edition

I know it’s really late to complain about that since I bought the game on the 8th of November 2018, but I think I summed it up here :

When a friend first talked to me about the game, I watched a trailer and immediately bought the Deluxe Edition of the game, and started playing immediately. I was so busy with discovering all the cool things, and I quickly ended-up in a prestige war with a neighboring settlement trying to eat-up ours that I actually forgot to look into what I got out of the Deluxe Edition, beside the golden fist weapon.

I don’t remember if I ever got the 500 cubits, but let’s say I did. I still have no idea what the Explorer title is,
Should it be a title only seen in the forum? If so, that’s not what I’d call “in-game”. But obviously, I don’t have that either way.

And I don’t remember ever getting 30 days of gleam club for free. I’m 99% sure I paid for my first gleam club sub. Not sure, but I think I sprung immediately for the 180 days option, which might be the reason why? I dunno. Maybe if I take the 30 days option, it’ll say “yay, you get that one for free!”.

Can anyone help me there, or is it too late?

1 Like

AFter the other discussion, this post caused me to open steam and look for the list of perks.

=================================================================================

BOUNDLESS DELUXE EDITION

Boundless Deluxe Edition

Buy Boundless Deluxe Edition

-8%

$59.78

[Purchase as a gift](javascript:addBundleToCart( 8047):wink:

ABOUT THIS BUNDLE

Boundless Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

• Boundless

• An exclusive in-game title

• A 10% lifetime bonus to your total beacon plot balance - build bigger and better!

• Boundless Original Soundtrack: Complete Edition – 200 tracks, over 12 hours playtime!

• A Wood Coffer containing 500 Cubits to exchange in game

• 30 days of Gleam Club membership

• An exclusive weapon crafting recipe: The Golden Fist

===============================================================================

I can tell you that when I made my purchase, I received everything except (maybe?) the In Game Title.

The cubits were delivered in a coffer, you may have opened them during the early gameplay without realizing it.

Also with regards to gleam club, it would have been easy to miss. The tutorials and objectives guided you through the process of fueling a beacon anyways, and unless you have placed your beacon within a campfire you still have to fuel it initially with gleam club.

After the very first day of play the basic beacon fuel would have outlasted your promo gleam club subscription anyways. So unless you were looking for the character customization or other options it wouldn’t have mattered.

As for the Explorer title, I don’t know where or how to look for that in game. The original thread you posted in was the first time that i realized not all of the people with “Explorer” titles were EA backers. I don’t have the option to use this tag on the forum, and have no idea where or how to look for a title in game.

Maybe it has something to do with the icon over your status bar, or over your head when another player looks at you. I’ve never seen a breakdown of what those symbols or colors represent either so this one is a mystery to me too.

EDIT I did just find that if you click on your character name in the profile, a lot of descriptive info is shown, including the title, and the plot bonus numbers. I still have no idea if or how this is indicated to other players.

I’m 99% sure the logo you have above your health-bar is your level.
I made the test with my friends.

If that’s the “in-game title”, that… REALLY FREAKIN’ SUCKS. :s
If people have to manually look into my character page to see it, that would be an hidden stat more than a title.
Besides, I don’t have that either :

Nah, I’m sure I didn’t get the effect of those 30 days. I had to fuel all my beacons manually for my first month. Used campfires and all, as the tutorial was telling me to.
When I first manually took the Gleam Club, I noticed the “(Gleam Club)” affix to my beacon timer as something new.
I quickly got several alt characters, like in the first week or so, and if I had those 30 days, I would’ve noticed it. I might not be the smartest tool in the toolshed, but I’m not that dim. ^^

1 Like

Good luck getting that sorted.

Seeing that you don’t even have a Title, I wonder what the Voyager title is. i just opened a character with 200 exp and he has it so it’s probably not earned in game. More research I guess.

Also the color of that symbol background means something too, I think it’s to do with how many plots you have placed, or currently have beaconed.

Maybe it turns red when you’re level 50+.

Are we talking about the thing above your health bar?

It’s got something to do with gleam club I think. The filename is player_status_area_token_gleam_green2 and it changed colour from green to red when I bought more gc. The design is also used in the gc page.

1 Like

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!

That is what I was talking about. I thought it was related to the icon other players see over your head but, perhaps not at all.

I can’t obviously see the symbol over my own head so I’m not sure if the symbol I see there is the same as the one others see over me or not. Thanks for the tip on the color I’m seeing though. If it reflects gleam club status it’s definitely not something i want on a player visible badge.

EDIT: Found this regarding the Voyager title:

@Nightstar @Goblinounours the only game title that I’m aware of, can be selected in your forum profile:

I wish.

But I do have the soundtrack on Steam :

I sent a mail to support@turbulenz.com and I hope they can help me out with this.

1 Like

I bought the DDE on PS4 on 9/9 and don’t have the Adventurer title on the forums either. Doesn’t bother me though.

The Adventurer title is from an early access backer package, the DDE title is Voyager.
To my knowledge ingame titles have not been implemented yet.

1 Like

BTW, how do you get the “Regular” title?

Do you know about the “Explorer” title, then?
I’d find that a lil’ scumy from the devs to put things in the list of the Deluxe Edition rewards if they’re not implemented. I bought it months ago!

Also… been in Netherstorm recently, Kirin Var? :smiley:

That has nothing to do with the game and is a trust level of the forum software:
https://forum.playboundless.com/badges/3/regular

:shushing_face: :wink:

Thought I would’ve earned the Regular title, by now. Been around since the 1st of December 2018. :confused:
Guess it’s more than 6 months.

Explorer was the lowest backer package that granted instant access to the early access version.

The early access backer titles are Trailblazer, Explorer, Adventurer, Wayfarer, Pioneer, Chieftain, Master and Oortian.
Trailblazers was basically a discounted preorder without beta access.

If i remember correctly the steam DDE was bugged at launch and rewards were granted a few weeks later.
You might have just overlooked getting them. If you had gleam club active the 30 free days would have been simply added on top, the 500 cubits go to the first character you log in with after they have been granted.

It’s activity based, you can also lose Regular again when you become inactive.

That made me nervously laugh. That’s very on-point with the actual game, to loose what you gained after taking a leave of absence.

But I should still have a Voyager title on the forum, right?

I’m still sure that I never got the free 30 days of Gleam Club or any title (like the one Nightstar has in his character profile).
To be fair, I should’ve reacted about that months ago.

It was never implemented into the forum. Nobody can use it.

You can only tell that it exists by opening the Main Menu ingame and hitting Support and then Account

Or in the Character Menu, click Character and then on the character name and it’s under Status.

If you have regular title you can mute players in game on those community channels.

I legit don’t understand how this is allowed, to sell things as a “deluxe edition” and not be able to deliver…