šŸŒ A Guide to the New Universe ā­ | New Star Charts and Portal Info

Okay so Iā€™m notā€¦ completely?ā€¦ Crazy!

im guessing @Simoyd Nailed it here ^^

Edit: if I make the portal any bigger itā€™ll make the price go up :wink:

1 Like

Redid all my portals this morning cause they would crash my game when I removed or added oortstone = couldnā€™t fuel

Hmm so what size is the portal?

guess iā€™ll recheck everything lol

3x5 7blinks

Release 188: Brews, Bombs, Rage, Focus, Revive and Atlases! - CONTINUED

so waitā€¦ you have a 7 Blinksec portal costing 100 to open but your 3 blinksec portal cost 200 to open! O.o

Edit:

Yeah that configuration gives me a ā€œtoo smallā€ error

Edit: Edit:

OK Iā€™m getting all the same results and your second portal is consistent with my findingsā€¦ So your first portal is haunted!.. I mean bugged =P

Your second portal is bigger than it needs to be so thatā€™s why has the increased priceā€¦ You are using 30 conduits when you only need to use 9-14

ohh nice but damn 37 days for one portal with a full stack of sharts if its 0 to 2 Blinksecs :smiley:
And I really appreciate the work you guys do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Elements actually was taken from boundlesscrafting.com by @Stretchious :wink:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I love this communityā€¦ together we make some awesome stuff!!

9 Likes

@Cakengrad Made another supper informative version of his original Map ^^

Excilent work!

OP updated

14 Likes

Hey, do you sure what 2 blinksec are required only 1 conduit?
@Vadyxa715 canā€™t open 2x2 portal from Munteen VII to Septerfon.

So, 2x3 is working for 2 blinksec. @Jiivita, please check information in your post.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads upā€¦ Iā€™ll recheck and update the info ^^

Edit:
Ok, verified that 1 Blink portals only need 1 conduit and that 2 blinks requires at least 6 conduitsā€¦ OP updated with the new info

Im sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

I have just learned to my great misfortune that the chart is wrong for Septerfon ā€“ Nasharil is actually 6 Blinksecs away, not 5.

1 Like

Yeah, links between Tier 3 planets and any other is 2 blinksects. The top right does say 1-2 for green lines, but perhaps the link greens to/from T3ā€™s should should be another colour.

maybe just differentiate between 1 and 2 maybe? just to help for longer distances

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Iā€™ll look into and update the info when Iā€™m on next =)

2 Likes

The reasoning behind the green lines it that it will only cost 1 shard in an hour.

1 Like

Ok rechecked all the values last night and made this new chart with simplified coloring. I also added a legend of sortsā€¦ everything appears to be in orderā€¦ for now =P

OP Updated

Edit:
Corrected some values in the legend and added a title for clarification O.oā€¦ Special thanks to @Prome3us ^^

10 Likes

I could certainly make an alternate version of my ā€œfree-formā€ map but Iā€™ll leave it up to @Cakengrad as to whether or not he wants to modify his map

As @virresss mentioned, the original intent of the coloring was to, ā€œdepict as simply as possibleā€, the cheapest connectionsā€¦ In fact @Cakengrad 's map lists the price / hr in the legend as well as the blinksec range. However, it is a bit hard to read when not viewing a full Rezā€¦ Maybe the price per hour and distance should be swapped / a bit more contrast added? :thinking:

Anyway Iā€™m not exactly sure how much value the distinction would addā€¦ And in fact, I fear it would add needless complexity =/ā€¦ When planing a new portal that is more expensive than one shard per hourā€¦ It would be better to use one of the other charts instead of the maps since they are oversimplifications by nature :wink:

2 Likes