šŸŒ A Guide to the New Universe ā­ | New Star Charts and Portal Info

I think the plan is to save buildings and the planets for later like a museum. Which makes sense. The game would lose a lot if all the old landmarks vanished into smoke, along with a portion of the playerbase that invested all the time into it.

Itā€™s not a small thing to recreate thousands of hours of work :D.

Would this same logic apply for the next expansion? Or patch? With any luck the game wont stop to change once its released. I would hope that we dont need to restart the world to deal with change or to somehow verify its value or accuracy - that doesnt sound like a persistent world to me.

1 Like

I certainly hope not!! No this would be a one time step since we are officially only testing the game at the moment, after 1.0 Iā€™d expect and hope that the existing worlds then will persist.

Until 2.0 that is :wink:

1 Like

As far as the game goes, my understanding of what @James said is that the existing planets may be archived, but, as far as actually playing the game it will be all new planets. So, existing landmarks may be in a museum archive for anyone to visit if they want to look. But, for actual play new and old players will be creating new Oortian landmarks on new planets.

1 Like

Yes. Thatā€™s what iā€™ve read too.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to wait for new worlds. I want them 5 minutes agoā€¦ 10 minutes agoā€¦ a month agoā€¦ I want them now so I can have something new to look at. Along with new monsters to shoot, new stuff to mine up.

Jiivita, get on itā€¦ chop chop. :smiley:

3 Likes

You continue to miss the point of my posts. Your ā€œflat bullā€ comments are even more ridiculous than you saying my posts are ridiculous. It has nothing to do with current prestige of current buildings.

No where did I say that and stop trying to put words in my mouth or others that are talking about a wipe and the P2W situation of plot buying. You just really make yourself and your arguments look foolish.

There is an economy that you make money in. So you can classify your ability to succeed in that economy as a win. Just like you can classify killing a monster as a win. If you canā€™t understand the context of the discussion, then please stop trying to discount and throw it out as worthless because you arenā€™t adding anything else by noise.

You havenā€™t been here playing the game long enough to make that statement. The resources have been balanced back and forth over patches for a long time. Gems were almost impossible to get on a decent level last year until the easy ā€œmeteorā€ hunts came around. Then gems were a breeze to gather and hence you saw tons of new builds of gems everywhere show up. Now that it has been balanced by the developers you are seeing them probably balanced better. Also the wipe is needed for a million more reasons than just the ā€œeconomy.ā€

Blockquote You havenā€™t been here playing the game long enough to make that statement. The resources have been balanced back and forth over patches for a long time. Gems were almost impossible to get on a decent level last year until the easy ā€œmeteorā€ hunts came around. Then gems were a breeze to gather and hence you saw tons of new builds of gems everywhere show up. Now that it has been balanced by the developers you are seeing them probably balanced better. Also the wipe is needed for a million more reasons than just the ā€œeconomy.ā€

If you had read what I wrote you would have seen I was quoting information shared with me in a PM from Prome3us as to why a wipe is needed.

Further more the economy is the only viable reason for a wipeā€¦ 'The rest of the reasons donā€™t hold water!

Blockquote There is an economy that you make money in. So you can classify your ability to succeed in that economy as a win. Just like you can classify killing a monster as a win. If you canā€™t understand the context of the discussion, then please stop trying to discount and throw it out as worthless because you arenā€™t adding anything else by noise.

And footfall isnā€™t going to help you win at the economy gameā€¦ Go on a hunt sell the stuff you get to gemporium and make 50K + Or Build a giant city put up 50 Portals and advertise all over the forum and get 50K in 2 Months!!!

Seriously Footfall is such a minor amount of money its not worth talking about!!!

Blockquote No where did I say that and stop trying to put words in my mouth or others that are talking about a wipe and the P2W situation of plot buying. You just really make yourself and your arguments look foolish.

Did I quote you??? No I did not I was not responding to you in that regard at allā€¦ Got a guilty conscience much!

I only see your name for all the quotes. If I misquoted you then I apologize.

Iā€™m still pretty sure that you have less experience in the game and seen it change as much as I have over the past year which is why we have such different views in how to approach fundamental game dynamics. I donā€™t mean that as a dig but that it will definitely make it hard for us to see eye to eye or me influence you to change your views because I have seen many things in this game and how people act around plots, footfall, income, city mayor.

Iā€™ve said this before to people just because it is minor doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t important. And added to this the whole basis of my points went way beyond footfall. I have only been focused on it because people try to argue against the issue with it. The plot purchases affect Mayor, City rankings, and many other dynamics in the game which adds to the problem. Iā€™m just not covering anything because footfall is easy to talk about and it is an easy fix to do in the bigger picture.

Iā€™m not sure what country you live in or how old you are but when someone says ā€œno where did I say that and stop trying to put words in my mouthā€ it is a common phrase that means the context of your response to them was completely off base from what they originally stated.

You implied that my parts of my comments were about people ā€œstarting before me as an advantageā€ and ā€œeveryday server wipes to be fairā€. That is just shifting the context way too far from my original words I used to try to share my perspective on the clear issue at hand.

Please note I was not trying to be condescending here. I really wanted to stop and make sure that you understood what I meant by the words in my mouth statement. Sometimes people donā€™t understand I didnā€™t want to assume that.

I feel like I need to step in here now because this topic is so contentious that it keeps spilling over into other threads and derailing topics. Can we please respect the original topic of a thread? Maybe even start a brand new thread for the topic? I totally support it being discussed but if it canā€™t be contained to its own threads, Iā€™m going to have to start moving posts. Thatā€™s a lot of thankless work for me, and bound to ā– ā– ā– ā–  people off at me so plzā€¦ letā€™s not come to that?

6 Likes

Since you ask a question in your comment, I will respond. I donā€™t think you need to split anything off at this point. The discussion is over. Plenty of people have reached out to me agreeing overall with my views and we see many disagree and wonā€™t change their views.

My original post on this thread was not an attempt at all to hijack the overall context of the thread, but instead just a relevant side comment. It was jumped on with consistent comments that I was completely wrong and that the topic I brought up was such a small thing that it was irrelevant and not worth discussing. Basically just a complete dismissal of my experiences and perspective on game dynamics.

I felt I had a right to respond and defend myself, yet I didnā€™t expect it to have to continue over and over. I wanted a rational conversation and just a bit of respect in the views I had. People were more than welcome to take something I said and explain how they saw it differently without having to call it irrelavant or worthless. They could also silenty disagree. Something I have done many times myself on other posts.

Additonally, so far I am one of the few people that have ever actually apologized in a thread across the whole forum. Earlier when the P2W discussion started by Karko he was ripped apart and called stupid at one point. We have seen this in many forms where someone posts views and the fanboys call to arms and rip that person apart ā€“ basically brow beating them into silence and making they leave. So I wasnā€™t about to just shut up and leave because of some comment people made to me and their attempts to polarize the conversation so much that we have to stop it. I was going to at least support and stand for mine and others views, but in this case it certainly could have been in a more relevant thread.

Yes, I completely agree the conversation should have been shifted away from this thread much sooner and will do so. I think we all are at fault for not mentioning that earlier or doing so ourselves.

1 Like

For the sake of rational conversion and debate between peopleā€¦ No one should not be trying to devalue another persons opinion by calling them ā€œstupidā€ or ā€œfanboyā€. Differences in opinion do not make anyone any of those thingsā€¦ it just makes them a person with a different opinion. That is all.

These forums are here for the purpose of discussing Boundless - not people.

Not soā€¦ there have been many others able to eat humble pie in these forums and I am also apologising now, for not picking up on the name calling and putting a stop to it.

In the words of Bill & Tedā€¦

(even if you donā€™t always agree)

9 Likes

Id say 30 voters as of my post is far from a poll sample size to take direction from.

This one is old and out of date

And this one?

yeah that one seems right

portalCostsliveDistances

I think this should all be correctā€¦ Iā€™ve just altered other peopleā€™s things a bit so that it doesnā€™t suggest portal costs per hour are related to distances directly :wink:

The colours on my table are just for fun, its a visual representation of how large the distance is rather than there being a key for portal costs or anything

Any point in actually posting this since its all already here somewhere? Other than being pedantic, probably not, but oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Say No to Pay To Win