Say No to Pay To Win

I think that you are still looking at the game as only having 200-300 players that actually play it. Unless you have a group of people, it doesn’t matter how much time and money you can toss into the game. If you want to solo or even two or three person a shop you should probably enjoy this alpha/beta while it lasts. If this game takes off, (Which we all hope it does!) you won’t be able to do much to compete solo.

Just off of the fact a 20 person group can out play your week in a couple hours while actively running shops on every large hub (and keeping them stocked) means most of these pay to win pushes are hopefully pointless. It doesn’t matter how much disposable income you have, new players will be like zombies and overrun you with numbers. Popular streamers will get people that sell at their shops for cheap so they can flip just because people like the way they talk, your better prices may not really matter to their listeners.

There are minecraft groups larger than our beta community that work on builds that are absolutely massive, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of their communities host open worlds on private servers. There will probably be hunts going on constantly that will allow us to do 4-5 levels (at 50) every couple of hours if we bring pies. So these groups will be rolling in cubits when they get up and running.

TL:DR
Its hard to tell if any of this is even an issue since we can’t compete with large groups no matter how much money you spend, and the larger the group the less they will need to spend any money at the exchange at all.

Anyways, I’m a little tipsy and rambling. You all have a nice safe weekend and hopefully find lots of silver if you are mining. Everyone loves silver!

3 Likes

You know that you can buy those with 2 level 50+ level ups? Playing to level 50 alone gives you 9000 cubits and a skill set/character slot costs 600 cubits.

I appreciate that you are so enthusiastic about the game but I seriously see no difference between plots, skill sets and character slots.
They are just empty containers and you still have to fill then. You gain 0 progress by unlocking them.

5 Likes

The 8900 Cubits you get for lvl 50 can buy you many different things for one it could bye you…
300 plots which is the amount of plots you would have had for lvl 50

So do I want the 300 Plots I am use to having or do I want
the 3 character slots I am use to having?
with 3 skill sets for each of them 5400
and a token few plots left over to build a hut on…

Currently the value of my account in Cubits is!

Around 1100 Plots on 3 characters… each plot has a value of 30 cubits
33,000 cubits in plots
3 character slots = 1800 cubits
The skills each of my characters know is well beyond the 3 skill sets which is another 5400 cubits.

So currently if your a lvl 50 on 3 characters your playing the game that will cost you 40,200 cubits and you only get 8940 for reaching lvl 50 so that other 30,000 plus your either going to need to level at 300 cubits for level you will need to lvl 100 times past 50 to get back to what you now know in game…

But all of that is neither here nor there I don’t mind the limited skills I like the new skill tree and the choices that need to be made but I don’t like the fact that anyone who is willing to open up his wallet can bypass those choices…

I’m pretty sure we are keeping the 3 character slots we have now and the ones you can buy expand on these. E.g. are for a 4th character and so on.

You can’t buy skill sets for other characters, each character has to buy their own.
So its either 27000 cubits for reaching 50 on 3 characters or 1800 for 3 skill sets.

Your math is flawed. The 3 starting character slots are free. Each lv 50 char gives you 9000 cubits EACH. Thats 27000. And I’m pretty sure its not required to have 3 skill sets with each character to be able to play like you do today. The only thing thats right is the value of your plots.

4 Likes

Its funny I have spent much time and effort debating your points about boundless becoming Pay To Win that now I find myself in your camp…

While buying plots I don’t find to be a huge issue…
The ability to buy skill sets and characters is for me!

Maybe I shouldn’t have been somehow more malleable to your concerns! As the one issue has opened the door to a bigger issue!

And that is a good thing… one positive change too bad there is Pay to Win buy another Skill set to solve your issue… only 600 cubits…

1 Like

don’t forget that you still have to level your char to get the skill points you need to fill that second or third skill set with points. But yes, like allready said: There has to be a maximum of possible skill sets/characters.

3 Likes

Nope just buy it with money… No need to level for cubits…

1 Like

Oh, I understood that the points you spent in one skill set are not available to another … so if you hit lvl 50 you have a full set and then get points for the next set(s) (each up to 80 per set)

2 Likes

Skill points are not available to all skill sets, but are shared between them

3 Likes

To make it clear: at lvl 50 it#s like having a maxed char and building up a new on from lvl one to max with the next ~25 lvl ups … (or split your points on all of your sets which you unlocked). Still hope for a limit of 3 in total.

2 Likes

duh… but getting level 50 isn’t a difficult experience… it can be done currently in 2 days … Once you become level 50 and have the max skill points now it only takes…

MONEY

To be able to do EVERYTHING in the game…

2 Likes

I think I read somewhere that the limit was three skill sets per character

3 Likes

This thread seems to have been derailed by one person. :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

oh stop with your pay to win mentality … you still can only play one role a time and to switch freely needs to go to the home beacon which can be problematic if to far away from your home world atm (and still cost’s porting costs and time, especially if you are not close to a network).

1 Like

if your not at the home beacon you can stills switch it just goes on cool down but lets face it your home beacon is were the primary issues are…

Thats where all the crafting stations are at thats where it will be most exploitable… Your not going to walk off to the woods to forge weapons are you your going to do it at your home!

1 Like

japp …

Download%20(3)

… ^^

6 Likes

Can you please stay on topic?
Its not about Pay To Win issue.

It’s about skill balance when creating a skill set.

Thanks @james - it belongs here

Are we still tallying -1’s? Cuz I’m definitely -1 here.

I’ll tell you all what’s really Pay-To-Win… Pay-To-Win is being able to buy my own private server where I can just build and build and build and not have to deal with the peasants and their feuds and their petty concerns and their trade wars and their Gleam towers and their roads to nowhere and their mud huts and their gossip and their politics and their footfall and their rival capitals.

And I’ll probably invite some of you, and we’re gonna have a great time.

Meanwhile, I’ve got my money in hand, and I’m ready to win.

13 Likes