Easy vs hard forge video

Can you please explain the difference for us idiot forgers. Please… I’ll pay a stack of tallow.

2 Likes

Guys, guys …

It was just a joke. @Lesioui posted the side-by side of the lucky session and a less lucky session, and I decided to run with his “easy mode” joke, is all.

5 Likes

Sure hide the truth, bury it no one must know. :shushing_face:

Nothing to see here people, move on, single fill line out of the topic. :joy:

200 (1)

2 Likes

Move along, nothing to JSON.

No FORGE_DIFFICULTY_DEFAULT or FORGE_QUIRK_SUCCESS_DEFAULT to see here.

Nothing at all …

3 Likes

Did you not know about

AUTO_FORGE_PROCESS_EPIC

I thought I remembered telling you about it

2 Likes

You guys don’t use these settings?

{HIDE_QUIRK_GUM: FALSE,
HIDE_DEFECT_GUM: FALSE,
GUM_WEIGHT: 100}

3 Likes

I’m just glad we arent telling everyone how to get the “Cheat Loafs” in live. That secret needs to be kept between us.

3 Likes

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Isn’t that using a macro on a warehouse of refineries and tables :rofl:

Don’t recommend doing that tho since their stance is it’s a big no no

Your video is yet another example of why I now no longer will touch the forge.

It doesn’t matter how skilled you are, if the RNG wants to prevent you from getting a max level forge, there doesn’t seem to be much you can do about it, So I just won’t.

I started just buying forged items because trying to deal with that level of RNG ruins my mood to play the game.

4 Likes

I love forging for the same reason you hate it.
It keeps me busy and not bored.

Regards,

1 Like

I’ve never asked @James about it but I would believe they could work on the balancing a bit to maybe not make RNG be so extreme…

3 Likes

Can you at least ask why you get punished for maxing out AOE? Why is Random the last boon and not the first?

I feel like the forge is the Dwarf fortress’s UI part of boundless.

1 Like

That would be nice but I wouldn’t get my hopes up on that.

Back in 2018, they proposed nerfing the forge, because someone had found a way of making forged items tolerable for a person like me who doesn’t like RNG being allowed hard counter a player’s skill. They delayed that nerf because quite a few people rejected the idea, but gone and put it in anyway later on.

Since then there have been various other topics of people talking about how the RNG is too much, and it has been posted a few times in the topic James himself made to collect feedback about the game.

It’s been quite some time since all of that happened and as far as I can tell/remember, They haven’t improved the situation since the nerf in 2018. Therefore I think that the devs are happy with the state of the forge at this time.

That was funny/painful to watch. Mine always seems to be the RNG forge.

I wish you could put forged items back into the forge and put additional effects on top of them.