Economy discussion: for what items are you unable to get requests filled?

Here comes peyego to flex his wallet… I need a loan btw :see_no_evil:

I don’t think I will be selling to request baskets anymore. After doing the math its amazing how much xp many of these store owners are making while making a profit crafting. I have obviously been playing the game wrong since release.

3 Likes

Yeah selling raw materials is not the best way to make coin or XP.

The same goes for minting, except for a few block types it’s basically always best to craft your overstocked stuff and mint the crafted items. For coin and XP.

1 Like

Personally I don’t think it’s worth selling items that are priced below 20c per item, maybe thats just me but it isn’t hard to gather a stack of spicy beans. I’m not a new player but I wouldn’t call myself a vet, i don’t have more than 50k at a time. The way I see it, I’m giving up something useful for something that isn’t, especially at those low prices, I can’t buy much unless I give lots, so it’s better and easier to sell a smaller amount of a high value item over a lower one. I don’t play for coin but I do need to buy forged tools and brews, Tbf I have a lot of time to play so I can get most things I need on my own and haven’t had much use for stores/malls except in the beginning for tools, brews, alloys and tech, even less now I know what I’m doing.

I do this haha. Come see my shop!

1 Like

I think people are intentionally trying to avoid doing this. This was a big complaint a year ago - that the rich could pay whatever they want and F the market up real bad.

I like competition it’s a sign of a healthier market, to an extent.

Since I announced that I was selling sap so fast I raised the price, two other sellers have moved into the mall and undercut me. There’s no way I’m wasting my time buying them out and marking it up to try and sustain a “crunch time” price and making ~1c/unit profit. I lowered my price back to what it was pre-update.

I’m not sure where I’d fit on the “boundless rich list” but since there were millionaires around when I started a few weeks after release, I’m sure it’s not near the top.

Heh I was living in a cave learning how to build with 10 - 15k prestige when everyone started complaining about a footfall nerf, and I was selling dirt and trunk trying to buy coils when they were 10k.

1 Like

Better yet… tell me where i can haz public access to a fully powered minter, and I"ll buy all the underpriced fossils in the world for minting myself…

PLZ NO

Lol… I just don’t like the “underpriced” argument. If there are really people out there selling stuff below minting or market value - making that item not worth selling - i’d love to know what/where. Cause now that i have some capital I can invest.

Or if bones really should be priced higher due to the effort etc. then just price them higher. Because you’re right… Why would i spend an hour farming some bones for 2c each, when i can farm bitter beans for 51-60c each or sweet beans for 25 each?

TBH 99% of the coin i’ve earned i’ve made from building contracts. (TY Nightstar :slight_smile:) Not from buying/selling/minting. But if i can clear out a planet of goods, craft and mint to turn a profit I definitely would. I just haven’t quite figured that out. Nor do I have a fully coiled minter.

Feathers. Not that I have a request basket for them but I think the price is to low on the request baskets I see and the price to high on the selling (My opinion not market research).

Also I have been a real drought trying to get them must have killed 50+ RR and not one drop. Normally that would have gotten me at least 5-7.

1 Like

Kindling for now concrete.

Is this actually a thing? People making money from Minters? I was under the impression that most of the items are too low to make any money at a decent scale? Like in the 10s of thousands of coins

1 Like

You could make money when minter went live, now it’s just an alternative to throwing your scrap off a cliff.

1 Like

Yup some do mint but most things that get minted can easily be sold for more. Even if its just the normal “basics”.

I use it as #1 decor and #2 a fancy trash can
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Having a coiled minter is quite the status symbol. It’s like owning a Maytag dishwasher but in Boundless!

1 Like

Come and see my fully coiled trash can ^^

1 Like

You put Pirellis on a Dodge Dart? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. No such thing was happening.

3 Likes

Have to remove the cobwebs from it tough only use it for the exces refined rock.

Yup. Hundreds of thousands. Millions actually. Not good for the economy but my source of income

1 Like