Economy system idea [Edit phrasing to better explain points]

Yes, certainly can as long as the calculation gives them the capital status. That would require, activity, prestige, and a 30 day campaign. And other settlements to beat.

Would that mean the capital status would only change once every 30 days then?

1 Like

The way I interpreted his use of complex was complexity for the player to do things. Not how algorithms function. This particular idea would be complex for them to code but not for us to play.

I maybe was wrong in my interpretation though.

I would imagen this to be complex behind the scenes but simple to players.
A simple capital ranking systemā€¦ Showing possible ranking at the end of the month would be enough. Personally I would remove any info of specifics from the players.

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:
Thanks mate

Currently prestige is a visually easy to quantify mechanic. Itā€™s simple to understand. If more factors are introduced, which players vying for capital would want to be able to see, a lot more information would need to be exposed to them, making it more complex. I think thatā€™s what @Kal-El was getting at

1 Like

An example, like I said specifics should be determined as we go.

Unfortunately I disagree with that, players are/were able to see how prestige was calculated therefore they were able to maximize everything to improve their scoreā€¦

We are going :slight_smile: which is why I was asking for clarification to the idea. Basically what I was getting at is, with your idea, do you mean the capital status would be changed on a fixed timeframe (however long that may be)?

I think theyā€™d need to remove the achievement to become viceroy.

1 Like

I think maybe we should know a little less than we do and modding game files to pull the data should be disallowed, personally speaking at least.

Like James recently mentioned, and he may have had a good point, in the forging thread wanting to known values may feel right but ultimately it just leads to other problems it seems. Making the forging process itself easier to understand would be better than giving out values for the way things worked so even more things could be gamed.

Looking back, perhaps that is lessons learned from giving out prestige values and how prestige became a weaponized tool for hostile take overs.

I donā€™t know, I can only assume . I think ultimately knowing less data would be beneficial to this population though, only if the systems in place were intuitive and easy to understand. Ultimately those who play all the time would eventually get the upper hand figuring these data points out and weā€™d be in the same position we are now, just maybe we would have arrived here later rather than sooner as we have.

Itā€™s a very complex problem nevermind the solution being complex.

1 Like

Fair enough, but yeah idk what a good time frame for recalculation of capital status would be. But yes, capital status would be something that changes still based on players actions, but only if another settlement has a higher score, overall it would be a lot more organic.

As far as the achievement, I donā€™t see an issue, it would still be a achievement to get capital and viceroyship

1 Like

I can see your point of wanting to show as Lillie information as possible to prevent it being gamed, but I think some information does need to be shown otherwise how will players know in which areas they need to improve to become capital?

Weā€™ve only ever really been able to determine the single block prestige values, not the full algorithm for working out percent chiselled, exotic bonuses, empty space bonuses etc.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with that, but it would be as simple as little icon of a building displaying your total collective prestige score, then another incon showing a little yabo hand or something showing activity score then above it being like potential score to next scoringā€¦ And show the amount.

You can see % on chisel bonus, blocks, Exotic bonuses etc.

1 Like

Maybe that is a valid point. But in the end if it cannot be easily understood versus currently, the settlement with the most prestige is capital (which even if I do not think this is best is certainly easy to understand).

You think settlement with the higher Capital rank would be hard to understand?

Or do you mean you need to see the process of how the ranking is achieve and score being calculated?

Ah, is that in the debug menu? If so, i guess it should probably be removed if the system ever changes :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah :stuck_out_tongue: been there since I started

2 Likes

I always think hiding information is bad. Making a complex calculation and then making it so players have no idea how to improve their rank or what improves their rank just leads to a lot of speculation, questions to the developers and accusations when players feel they are not getting credit for something someone else has so why are they not higher.

At least with prestige we know the amount each block gives and that chiseling and mixing block types and what improves it.

edit: I feel like I am probably drifting way off topic. Maybe a better point to make is why does the capital have to be involved in improving the economy at all?

Edit2: sorry for the bad word. . darn autocorrect.

I guess your concerns are a matter of perspective which you are definitely encourage to have.

My perspective is a system the shows me both
Prestige [score] ----------Activity [score]

Intuitively I will either build more if I want to increase my prestige score.

And lure people to my settlement to build, shop, use my portals or promises of cookies if I want to increase my activity score. Watch how my total capital score changes and once the month ends and score is decided I am safe and I now have capital for another capital rank calculation season (whatever timeframe that may be)

I think his original goals and intent was too encourage players to explore and flock to capitals and when that capital dies due to insert reason a new one becomes capital because the determination is not based solely on prestige as it is now, hence incorporating the use of unique foot steps and time of activation through the day to show true activity, etc

The convo has covered a few arcs ;p