Elemental Fists Augments

With the discovery of rift, the usefulness of slingbows have increased again, leaving fists out of the loop.

My suggestion would be to either make fists that require the new materials that is stronger, or allow us to add an augment to fists using elemental shards to give them an elemental boost. This would allow fists to be able to still be an effective tool in higher tier worlds.

6 Likes

Some love would be cool. Think devs are more focused on spears for us melee lovers though

1 Like

Por que no los dos?!

Mmm, can’t wait to forge some high level spears to sell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fists put the devs in an awkward position because if they make a new fist they will have to decide weather to make it exclusive to the DD version like the gold fist. Either way, people will get upset. Augments might be a good solution though, keeping gold fists best while allowing a way for them to scale up. I disagree with the idea of elemental fists though, as physical damage is the main drawback of fists and if they get elemental effects I think that leaves slingbows in a bad place.

Knuckles, perhaps?

I’d be good with anything. I just kind of love those fists and want them to stay competitive.

Fists
Slingbows
Bombs

And if more T7 pop up, having only slingbows be the viable option really reduces variability.

Personaly, i wouldn’t mind at all if they lock the recipes for the higher level fists behind a paywall just like they did for deluxe because its just the recipe and you would be able to buy it from a shop stand ingame. I’m impatiently waiting for more fist. Maybe they can also lock those recipes behind the combat feats so you would have the option to buy it with real money or grind out the last combat feats… just a thought.

Or they could give it to people who already have either the deluxe version or were backers. Might improve sales even more if there are more boons in getting the deluxe version.

Necroing this because it would be great to add whenever the combat update will be in the future.
@james
:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Fists in every material please

3 Likes

Easy solve for exclusivity:

Step 1 - make gold fists non exclusive
Step 2 - make gem fists exclusive

Why do gem fists need to be exclusive? Just keep gold fists exclusive. They paid for what they got. It’s an MMO it’s foolish to think they won’t eventually come out with better equipment.

3 Likes

I’m basing my logic on hand-me-downs.

Agree
Gold fists remain exclusive
Just add new fists

2 Likes

Why should the deluxe upgrade be overshadowed? It will be much less deluxe if part of it becomes redundant.

Because as I said, they got what they paid for in an MMO. They paid for and got a golden fists which is an exclusive item only made by those with the deluxe edition. That’s simply it. They didn’t pay for an exclusive fist that will remain the best in class throughout the life of the game.

The gold fist can stay exclusive and gem fists can be craftable by all because deluxe edition players didn’t pay for exclusive gem fists they paid for exclusive gold fists.

1 Like

No to exclusives. Just do this

2 Likes

The promise is exclusivity, not everlasting dominance.

There’s no need to change, really upgrade, or “compensate” in any way for new equipment being added to the game.

Augments would be nice though.

2 Likes

It could also be said that digital deluxe buyers paid for a better fist, in fact, the best fist, in the game. I would like to hear a real argument why it would be a bad idea to keep the digital deluxe package on top. The cream does, after all, rise to the top.

I don’t see anything about being able to make the best fist in game. I see you can craft an exclusive golden fists.

If you wanna use that excuse then maybe I should be able to craft the best fist in game since I was an early backer for the game. I paid my money to get this game going, why do I ONLY have access to the iron fist?

Because I didn’t pay to have the best fist in game for the lifecycle of the game. Neither did the deluxe edition players. They payed for a golden fist recipe that they’ve gotten. They don’t need or deserve the best in class weapon to be exclusive to them for all time. That’s too OP and in my opinion not okay.

They get other bonuses with the deluxe edition already, leave it at gold fist and let this MMO continue maturing and getting new weapons without changing who gets what exclusive… leave everything where it is, and allow everyone going forward to make the new fists unless they made an entirely separate package for the better fists it wouldn’t make sense to just change the exclusives.

1 Like