Elop Portas

OMG!!! The horror!!!:scream:

3 Likes

Urgh, I did the same thing the other week. I forgot that I picked up a stack of grapples instead of just one. My heart dropped when I checked my inventory and theyā€™d all gone down.

Yes, lessons learned indeed;

• Donā€™t try to grapple one handed across a lava lake.
  • Donā€™t trust @Pseudonym84 with smart stacks.
4 Likes

haha, i just stopped using gem grapples.i just use iron for the distance

1 Like

I could build a staircase out of Amethyst blocks in the time it takes an iron grapple to pull you up.

5 Likes

yeah, i made like 30 before the redistritbution, and i just, be smart about how i do things. aim up first, then aim farther away, that way i dont swing into lava

and i bet you i could build a staircase out of amethyst before you could.

1 Like

Just a quick question for the city founders ( @Jeffrotheswell),

How many plots constitute a medium - large build? I was thinking of a large Parthenon-like structure to match the ruins themeā€¦I was just wondering how big it should be to match the size requirements of the city.

2 Likes

Generally medium would be around 2-3 plots wide and a couple backwards (height doesnā€™t matter too much)

Large would be about 4-5 plots wide, and requires more planning with us,

and then thereā€™s giant builds. Iā€™d say JcFinley has a giant build, itā€™s rather large. Looks good though. These are cool, but not as easy to pull off, and the more of these we have the more road we need to build every time. So I mean try to keep your build a little smaller than a 5 plot square.

And then thereā€™s things like the Oort Temple in PG, or what enisledLady is planning, which are just straight up massive builds. Not suggested for the town, but not off limits. Plan with us to make it if thatā€™s your thing.

Anybody else got a comment on sizes?

3 Likes

Man I really gotta be careful now. Watched @Jeffrotheswell demo lava going into the @Pseudonym84ā€™s underground cavernā€¦almost died thereā€¦ Backpeddling from mobs into more pitsā€¦almost died there too but I canā€™t wait to see the course!!! Oh and thank you whoever put a fence around the dragon mouth spittleā€¦saved me countless times.

3 Likes

@Xanotos is pretty much spot on 3 to 5 plots would constitute a med and large build. A good fit for the city might be 3 or 4 plots on the road and could extend back as many plots as you like. This leaves room for the next guy while allowing you lots of room to build.
Of course if you have the will to build somthing massive like me or @EnisledLady I canā€™t say no.
Hope to see you dropping a beacon soon :smile_cat:

3 Likes

It seems I have made an epic mastake in one of the plans for this city. Forchnetly there is time to fix this.
So water an lava cause a small amount of lag. Add portals to the mix and things get really laggie. I stated before I wanted to see lots of portals to amazing places but in light of this discovery I ask that portals be made well outside the main part of town. With the large spitter population here lag = death.
Thanks all :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Should we perhaps create a map, simple lines and stuff, and show where portals should be?

And I mean, itā€™s mostly due to already having a portal and lava and water. My house doesnā€™t like it either

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea!

1 Like

Hey all! I just want to welcome @QUEENNUTS to the thread and to the city :smile: Sheā€™s building near the T-junction leading to the Baths of Elopor (where you can get Spitter smoothies and cuttlepunk cocktails at the gift store!). She asked abt if there was a way to donate mats to help out with the city. I told her how helpful and friendly you guys are and now Iā€™m directing her here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay! Welcom!

2 Likes

Welcome @QUEENNUTS! I really like what youā€™re building near @Spoygg, @Soul-Drop and @Dzchan94. I hope you stick around to build more things in Elop Portas!

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Love this place and your not going to get rid of me. lol I bought this game for my granddaughter for her Birthday and she loves it too. Yes Iā€™m a old fart that loves gaming lol Thanks for the welcome
:grinning:

9 Likes

So are you ready for water? Place a gravel or sand block where you want your falls and we will get you hooked up.
You may want to run your own mini duct to get water all the way around your moat as it only travels 7 spaces.
If you need maltibal hook ups thatā€™s fine.
Great build by the way :smile_cat:

3 Likes

@QUEENNUTS you can do a lot with water since your build as at the beginning of the ducts where itā€™s tallest, lots of space to run water in all directions :slight_smile:

Block placement is such PITA ://// to get texture oriented properly you have to lay down helper blocks and than remove them :cry:

2 Likes

Ok I put some gravel down. If that wonā€™t work let me know or just make it I will love it what ever you do.
Have played a little with it in my other build it won. lol Thanks for all the help

1 Like