Encouraging people to live on higher tier planets. T4 and up

I’d like to see ideas on this topic. I have one below but would welcome ideas from others.

As it stands, most of us are commuting to said planets rather than living there. And obviously to exploit the natural resources. There isn’t much reason to live there.

My suggestion: People who have a settlement there would get a bonus to the resources they harvest determined by whatever metrics that devs feel comfortable with internally. But you can’t just plop a few plots and be given the bonus. Said bonus is based on prestige level of the settlement and length of time the settlement has existed. The better the prestige and length of settlement existence, the better the bonuses. This is to encourage long-term gameplay rather than short-term hacks and manipulation.

If you want to go further with this, maybe throw in a multiplier for settlement members. The more members you have (with a cap), the more bonuses given as well. Anything to encourage collaboration (or conflict) and MMO-like gameplay rather than solo farming.

Deen Wispa

4 Likes

I’m basically waiting for this:

The moment this becomes a thing, i’ll start building my new flying city on a high level planet.

6 Likes

I’m not sure how this would end up effecting the economy but on paper it seems like a decent idea. Definitely worth some consideration in my opinion.

NIce. Thanks for the link. I’m only speculating but prestige is somehow factoring into all of it.

I recently abandoned my settlement on Alnitans and it came down to two main things. Atmospheric protection made getting visitors and alts challenging, and the increased block armor made changing builds around a real pain. So I am with Kirinvar on the protection changes but would also add something akin to making blocks able to be picked up in one hit with a totem when under beacon.

1 Like

Keeping mobs out of beacons would help as well. I have to watch my rear on T3 worlds thanks to the cuttle things.

I’ve mentioned this multiple times, the XP on Tier 4+ is really not that much better, why go there at all? I dislike building there too, if i make a mistake buildin’ something it takes ages to remove.

Trees, blocks, ores, everything should have an XP boost as tiers go up.

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m mistaken but this seems the opposite of their intent - adding expensive skills just to breathe, higher tier planets requiring expensive food and expensive skills. These are not design decisions with making it easier for us to live on dangerous worlds in mind. I thought I even read a dev post some time back saying something about commuting to higher tier planets.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree - I find the atmospheres and the additional tedium and resource/time costs they add very restrictive and not at all boundless. I just don’t feel like you’re going to get any traction here. The base conferring protection thing might help but doesn’t solve all the problems of setting up on one.

1 Like