Engine destroyer?

It cannot be avoided that someone will enter between engine and machine to deliberately make the engine lose its durability and cause economic losses.
The engine can cause damage, but it should not lose durability.

Well, if it didn’t get damaged, then you could potentially grief people by making a portal that dropped them through thousands of them and then we would have the same situation we do with lava and water. Soooooooo… I prefer if they get damaged.

3 Likes

I enclosed mine in an accessible configuration, so I can still access all the coils easily but people can’t stray into them to cause grief.

Have a look at this thread to see what I mean… Anoobis ~ My last build

3 Likes

I did too. I have a maintenance bay. In a tree.

2 Likes

Maybe one day, you forget to close your door…
Or… Someone who died in lava and revive at your workplace…

It can’t happen, because my coils have only one gap, and you can’t fit in them.

2 Likes

My door is always open. The coils are enclosed around the machine. You can’t get in there. But they’re all still accessible.

It would be interesting to see if the sanctum warp bump avoided the area though

Edit: I updated my post above with a link to screenshots so you can see my easy access configuration :wink:

2 Likes

Sanctum bump avoids other players plots entirely.

1 Like

Engine as in the power coils? People can damage them?

Yes, by walking between the beams, both the player and the engine take damage. This may kill the player, but only damages the machine. DON’T CROSS THE BEAMS! :ghost:

6 Likes

I forgot about your half block viewing holes! I do mine with 1.5 tall gaps, same effect but way less visually appealing

2 Likes

I will have mine underneath my base in a locked room then.

2 Likes

I do a similar technique.

3 Likes