Enyone else find gleambow meteors timing out to soon?

the last 4 out of five meteors have timed out way to early. just wached a pure gleamball hit the ground and after collecting 3 it fails.

I did my happy dance before posting to save you all the colorful metifors I had on the point of my tongue.

1 Like

nothing like a hot shower to make you realize you have been hitting them with a regular totem. :joy: :sweat_smile: :sob:

9 Likes

10ecb359125664b879efe0785e73c2707d17fd9a_1_690x382

#blameJeff :wink:

12 Likes

Oh no… oops

1 Like

Two nights ago I couldn’t make it to a single gleambow on Flan and I was having 2-3 drop at a time. The few nights before I was getting to lots of them with time to spare on Alcyon and Norkyna.

2 Likes

I’ve had the problem that by the time my son and I get to them they have timed out. It seems that the distance is so far away and we have to go over too many hills, swim too much that by the time we get there they are sand, gleam, thorn, growth or something.
We have gotten one gleam meteorite, I don’t even waste my time going after them any more.

you have to max out that speed and have a good grapple. guild grapple buff helps
… . .and a planet without oceans!

1 Like

Fast brews do make a difference as well

1 Like

They time out so soon on planets which are used for meteor hunting often. The more gleambows completed the less time you have to get to the next one, was out hunting them on a planet last night and was losing/gaining roughly 5 seconds per success/fail to get to the next one

Go to Norkyna, Galan or any at that level, i was arriving at some with 5+ minutes left, one planet was even up over 8 minutes, which is kinda crazy, as it must mean that there was someone failing meteors with a 7 minute counter!

I noticed that too on cephonix, opposed to when I ran around malurialakrib. I’d get to one on mal with 3 minutes left. Cephonix, 30seconds left. One pull away from it and it was lost. I just kinda said, “eff!” Then laughed and continued on. Haha.

My guess is that that timer scales for the worlds difficulty?

I think the timer dynamically changes (based on success) per world.

So if a low level world has lots of players completing gbs the timer will get really low.

On higher level planets, less people attempting and I guess most of them failing, putting the timer up.

Maybe timer goes up after X amount of time without a GB being trigger as well?

Well, we both have high speed but not max, he is good with the grapple, I’m not. As far as oceans. I don’t think there is a planet that isn’t over 70% water, which is a shame. It may be easier to create a planet with a lot of water, but it makes it harder on the players to travel around and the high cliffs make it more difficult.

I did a ton of gleambow meteors on Lamblis. I even had time to build little grass bridges over oceans of lava before reaching the other side with minutes, not seconds, left on the timer. I used no guild buffs and crappy amethyst hookshot grapples I forged myself. I suck at hunting, I suck at forging and I constantly kill myself with grapples. I got all the gleam I ever needed from the event and even enough to help several others complete their collections. You just have to keep at it and get the hang of it. Curve sucks, but far from an impossible task. I wish you and your son great luck if you decide to continue to try for some more! :rainbow::black_heart:

Edit: I’d also like to point out (for the record) that on day one, I was among the first to openly hate on this event… for what it’s worth:

1 Like